POLITICS Inflation /General Finance Insanity

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by HCKevinSteele, Oct 30, 2022.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Feels like it’s going to be another “Erin Brockovich” story that will be playing out.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I hadn't followed the story that closely. Yeah, that seems a no brainer. Glad I didn't get that job for one of the rail companies a while back. I'd hate to have to deal with anything like this.

The company will try to pin it on whoever the operator was. That's my bet on this.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That is all but guaranteed.

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

To be fair, the operator may very well have done this on their own, but a good investigation should delve into why they did. What kind of pressure led to this decision. That's true for whoever made the call at whatever level of the company.

zehr27 likes this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

If an operator felt the pressure to continue on while on fire for fear of delays, that is still a culture and protocol problem. And that is the kind of attitude why I'd never be left on a jury.

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Doesn't mean you are wrong. The root cause of most incidents is deeper than the decision made in the moment that caused the event.

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

But it’s absolutely worth it

Costco is legit

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We have memberships to both Costco and Sam's. Certain things are better at each imo. I definitely like Costco better for booze.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Grumbled about the membership fee but it pays for itself quickly if you are buying groceries there regularly. Cost of wings was about half, for example

11. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I wish we had a Costco closer.
    We would do it.

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Best choc chip chunk cookies around.

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

We do Sam's because I don't even know where the closest Costco is. There a Sam's about 20 miles from us and the one in Franklin is on my drive home from work . They'll have to be selling kidneys at the one in Franklin and my wife and I both need one before I'll get out of traffic to go to it though.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If you ever need tires they are hard to beat.

15. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Playing all the hits when presented with evidence that contradicts a statement:

If you can’t see…
    Real coverage…
    I can’t help you…
    Both sides bro…

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I had the unfortunate experience of having to buy tires last year but I didn’t find their selection or pricing to be that great or competitive. Could simply be down to availability at my local store, at the time.

Would agree with everyone here that it’s worth it overall though and would recommend an executive membership to those with families. I believe it offers cash back at 2% up to 1k a year.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Norfolk Southern is 100% going to try to throw them under the bus.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Right, but there is probably more than one set of hands involved with the sensors and decisions, so an independent investigation should be able to tell if this was a maniac bucking all protocol, or if there was a wink and nudge to consider the schedules while on fire.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yeah I think it depends on where it's located. The one close to me is cheap. Not sure how good their tires are though as we get ours at a local small business but I have heard their prices are incredible compared to other big tire places.