POLITICS Inflation /General Finance Insanity

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by HCKevinSteele, Oct 30, 2022.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've known a few small business owners who really got some use out of Costco as well for basic cleaning supplies and stuff.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Pretty sure s lot of school concessions stands shop there and Sam's a lot for their products.

3. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

To be clear, my definition of real coverage is basically what Emain posted from Lever news. If that wasn’t sufficiently clear that’s my bad. But if you can’t understand the difference between that coverage and what we see from corporate media, you’re beyond help.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

the coverage is picking up over the last 48 hours. Keep in mind this occurred February 3rd.

5. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Don’t get me wrong I’ll give them due credit if they go after the story the way they should.

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Independent news is going to force their hands to cover it.

zero hedge had a good write up over it

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Okay.

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Like the giant cans of nacho cheese that has no business being delicious but somehow is delicious

CardinalVol and zehr27 like this.
  9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I could mainline the Taco Bell nacho cheese.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

May be safer to mainline an actual drug.

CardinalVol and justingroves like this.
  11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

interest rates are up, gas prices have stabalized. this shit pisses me off so much. what the hell is driving this inflation?

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Monetary response to Covid.

M1 and M2 is starting to curve over but this isn’t going away any time soon and this will be a high inflation decade.

14. NorrisAlan

Well, the word didn't get to me and I am not making any more money than before covid. In fact, my wife had to go back to work. Breaking my will, it is.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

yeah if you sell time for money and they get to print money it doesn’t work out well for the common man
    Unless you own hard assets

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Could eat my weight in that stuff.

17. NorrisAlan

Someone explain this to me like I am 5:

Government prints a bunch of money.
    Companies get a bunch of money.
    They buy back stock, give out bonuses to the big boys, etc.
    I get about 2500 to 5000 dollars almost three years ago, total.
    And now my grocery bills have doubled?

Why does a small portion of the people getting money make bread go up 50%? Shouldn't that make luxury items go up? Has 80% of the population suddenly been flush with cash and I am on the 20% looking in and going broke?

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

About made myself sick last night. In 2015 btc was around $300. I was able to max out that year putting 40k into a SEP. if I woulda bought btc instead, I woulda had 133 coins. More than likely would’ve bought more the next year so let’s say 250 coins. Let it ride all the way to 60k and sell and say 70k investment turns to 15 million.

19. cpninja

cpninja Member

Wages finally went up after a decade of stagnation so we need to jack the price of everything up to make sure they never make that mistake again

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

We created 7 trillion new dollars for our Covid response. Almost everyone saw an increase in their net worths but to no surprise those on top saw in the biggest increase due to asset inflation.

https://www.imf.org/en/Blogs/Articles/2021/11/09/the-unequal-covid-saving-and-wealth-surge

That 7 trillion dollars is just the US. The U.K, EU, Canada and other major countries responded similar so we had an sudden excess of dollars chasing after a set amount of goods and services.

Add in lockdowns and other measures that hurt production and the breakdown of globalization and supply chains to really increase the marginal demand, and prices skyrocketed.

On top of that we’re on a historical pendulum change dealing with a centralization period ending, technology transformation and civil.