iOS8

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kptvol, Sep 30, 2014.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Any thoughts? I'm not too keen on it thus far. My phone seems to be significantly slower, Safari freezes frequently, and occasionally it will auto correct a word I've just slightly mistyped into two separate groups of incoherent letters.

I don't think the iHealth thing is too great, either. Wish I'd stuck with 7.

2. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Can you not restore an old back up file? I've heard a lot of people doing this because they also hate the new OS.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Haven't updated yet. Now, probably won't.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Don't like.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Perhaps. I'll research.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

safari is slower. imessages aren't connecting very quickly. There is freezing and crashing of apps. The line at the Apple store on sunday in the tech line was 45 minutes long when I arrived. Mostly the same issues. Hopefully they get it squared away quick.

7. farmersdaughter

farmersdaughter Active Member

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I ordered a new phone yesterday set to arrive around the end of October. Maybe they will have their shit together by then.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

There's already been one update. Didn't notice any changes. The keyboard is probably the worst part. It's basically exactly the same as the last one except it tries to do more predictive stuff, which causes it to just freeze and miss half the keys you hit.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I haven't done the last two updates for this exact reason. Both seemed to suck according to reviews

11. farmersdaughter

farmersdaughter Active Member

My alerts are all messed up. I lost any key tones (no biggie) and all text alerts. It simply will not do anything other than vibrate no matter what I set it to. It will ring when a call comes in though. The keyboard is a pain, it crashes/force closes frequently, and I lost half my contacts. Heading to Verizon in a bit

12. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

You can minimize that keyboard feature that tries to guess your replies - you may be able to disable it all together but haven't tried that.

13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

You have to disable spell checker, I believe.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

crashes A LOT more than the old OS.

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Yes it does. With zero rhyme or reason.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

8.0.2 addressed all my issues.

My lone problem is the new smilies button on the keyboard and Safari. Just the UI on Safari went from clean and simple to a pain in the rear. It was the best phone browser out there and now all the disappearing menus and function buttons turned it to complete crap, especially on the ipad.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Smilies button is stupid. That should be something you download an app for, should you want it.

Haven't done the upgrade on my iPad and don't plan on it.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I have the new phone and want the new OS for the payments feature that just passes a code to the vendor on a transaction.

19. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Want to see how that works too

20. Cameltoes

Cameltoes Contributor

You guys with problems: do you have iPhone 5's or the 6? I heard about the problems with upgrading the old phones, but haven't heard that the 6's were having problems with it.