Iowa Caucus Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Jan 3, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Happy election year boys and girls (if there are any out there)!!!!!

I didn't keep up with this at all over the weekend, so I was (and am) a bit perplexed that Santorum somehow wound up actually having a shot at this, albeit a very outside shot.

Still think Romney pulls off the W.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

There is genuine Santorum momentum. His campaign is interesting to follow because he a) has almost no money; b) is absolutely loathed by social liberals; and c) is also targeted by the Tea Partiers for being big government. Santorum, however, thrives in actual boot to pavement campaigning and small group settings. If he were able to place second in Iowa and keep his head above water in NH, he could get to South Carolina with a puncher's chance.

Still, watch for Perry. He still has money and organization that can't be discounted.

3. CardinalVol

I think he'll wind up third and prob fourth in nh.

With newt falling off, its just a matter of time until this is romney's.

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm a Christian and I despise Bachmann.

The explanation for her dropping in the polls has to be hate for her religion. Couldn't have anything to do with her being borderline nuts, imo. Politicians that use religion as a tool to be elected infuriates me. Big red flag for me.

We had a Rep from district 1 of TN before Roe that couldn't say 10 words without mentioning his faith in some way, David Davis. I despised him not because of his religion but because of what I perceived of his exploitation of his relion. That's not acceptable to me. Live it and you don't have to remind people constantly.

Edit: I am speaking about the ad, QP. Nothing to do with you, bro..

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  5. CardinalVol

Politicians pander the the stupid. Both sides drive me nuts with it.

Kickoff in about 28 minutes. Hoping for some early action. Maybe a special teams play by Santorum or an int pick 6 by Paul to make it interesting.

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Knowing what I know about you, I took the post the way you intended. I just didn't feel my post was as clear on my point as I wanted. Thus I added a clarification.

7. CardinalVol

Well, Santorum has played solid D and used a ball control offense to have a surprisingly slight lead at the half. It'll be interesting to see what adjustments the candidates make in the locker room.

8. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Santorum sunk Perry's ship in Iowa. With his money he could of really challenged. It now is all about South Carolina and Florida for Santorum.

9. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I'm personally shocked Santorum has gained traction in this election. He is either excellent in homes or the rest of the candidates come off as pricks.

10. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

He was a rising star in the party but Pennsylvania turned left and he could never adjust.

Iowa was the perfect state for him to shine and his strategy of marching county by county was brilliant. His resurgence crushed any hopes Perry had. But he desperately needs money and people on the ground down South.

11. TennTradition

I don't like him, but he screams social conservative, which I'm turned off by.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Who is everyone's choice for the GOP nominee?

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Jesus.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That's who you want or that's who you believe will win the nomination?

15. TennTradition

Romney wins by a TD + 2 pt. conversion.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

romney or bust. Santorum can't win the general. he's way out there religiously.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Seriously, Jesus is the best Republican candidate of all time. He even has small business experience working with his dad. The only mark against him is he's a Jew, and has cursed Israel in the past.