Is it too Early to Want Dormady?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Indy, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Anyone with eyes and even the slightest control of his bias has known for over a year now that Dobbs is not an accurate passer. To this point, the benefit he has brought to the run game has made that okay, in my mind. Now that teams have a good amount of film to see how we operate with Dobbs, I expect more and more teams to focus on stopping the run, especially our read plays, and making us pass the football. So with that said, how early is too early to start asking to see more Dormady? I'm not saying he's the answer, but if he can sling it with some accuracy, I don't see why he couldn't take the starting spot. We are too talented at receiver to not be able to throw with some consistency.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It's silly to think that our staff can competently prepare ANY QB for big time college football. Anyone we trot out will struggle.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

4. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

At this point, I think a lot of people are grasping at straws at things to gripe at. We lost. The coaching staff isn't good. Playing a true freshman over a DTQB built for this "offense" makes no sense.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Why?

He threw a now screen in the dirt. He's not an accurate passer, and he was a non factor on the ground last night. I'm not looking for anything to gripe about. I'm looking for ways to get the ball into the hands of our playmakers rather than going three and out 40 times a game.

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

How about we try something different from the AD down.

But, yes, we need a QB that complete more 5han screen passes.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Because Dobbs isn't the problem

8. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Consult with the coaches because no one here has any affect on the decision making.

9. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

It doesn't matter if you have Tom Brady in the shotgun, the coaches don't believe in throwing the ball downfield.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I hate this scheme so bad.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Certainly not the only problem, but he definitely didn't help us last night.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Neither did Kamara, but both are symptoms of crap coaching

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Dobbs had more opportunities, but that's on the coaches as well.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Agreed

15. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

The fact that our coaching staff is too stupid to realize that OU had all 11 within 10 yards of the ball at the snap from the 2nd quarter on is crazy. No reason whatsoever to not throw a deep fade pass and let those 5* beasts run under it and haul it in.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Crazy talk.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Kamara had 4 carries, 3 if you take away the bull shit call on the goal line. I'm not sure what you expect him to do with that.

18. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I think he's saying both are an indictment on coaching, not players.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

How is Dobbs accuracy issue a coaching thing? There's only so much a coach can do to help those kinds of problems.

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

You think Dobbs is just misfiring, or do you think he is panicking because he can't read defenses and doesn't know how to make sound decisions and make plays. I think the latter.