Is it too Early to Want Dormady?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Indy, Sep 13, 2015.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Dumbass coaches are running slow developing plays and the rush is in his face in moments

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

But he is getting rid of it before he has to. Some times 2-3 seconds. He is not hanging in there trying to make plays -AT ALL. He makes Ainge look like a gambler.

3. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Dobbs is not an accurate passer by any stretch, but adjustments to what OU brought defensively were entirely absent. Like A-Smith mentioned he looked ill-prepared and panicky back there. Kamara getting 3/4 touches was on the staff.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I think both. What was there to read on the now screen he bounced to a receiver? I don't think he is accurate regardless of the situation, and I think it's going to hurt us.

I'm not just talking about last night. He's always had accuracy issues.

He was an inaccurate passer before he even stepped foot on the field last night. Again, I'm not just talking about the OU game.

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

The routes they ask him to throw aren't best suited for him. That and their blatant disregard for the middle of the damn football field is head scratching buffoonery.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don't get these responses. We've established that our coaches are morons and the play calling sucks. Great. Problem is, they're not going anywhere any time soon. That's not something that can change. The QB situation can definitely change, which is why I'm asking about it.

I agree that out breaking routes, like the one he threw on the pick to end the game, aren't his forte, but they seem to be what the offense requires. We threw them all night, and they were close to being picked on a number of occasions.

7. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Dobbs is not our weakest link. He did, however, go 13/31, 125 yds, 1 td, 1 int, 14 carries for 12 yards. That line sucks a lot.

8. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Better play calling and that line looks different.

9. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

How many possessions were run on first, run on second and then throw on third and long?

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

not enough in the 3rd quarter, IMO

11. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Dobbs isn't the problem. coaching and offensive scheme are.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

And out of the hurry up, no less. It's like they are trying to lose.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Throw to a receiver that ran a route short of the sticks, no less.

Except North being wide open with no one within 15 yards that one time, but no one even looked his way.

14. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Is that because they know Dobbs can't do so accurately. They let Worley stretch the field some.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This is pretty much exactly what I'm saying.

16. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

I agree with this. Dobbs was a 63% passer last year. He looks night and day different this year vs last. It has to be DeBored and the new offensive system. WR play is also suffering. The offensive system just sucks, bottom line. I don't think it will matter who you put back there at QB or who you trot out at WR.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

1. Against who?

2. No he doesn't. He looked inaccurate plenty last season.

3. The scheme hasn't changed. It's Butch's offense, just like it was last season.

18. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

1) The season, according to ESPN stats.

2) Again, he completed 63% of his passes last year. Was he inaccurate at times? Yes. But he threw the ball down the field much better than he is currently. He also looks much more indecisive.

3) The offense seems to be quite a bit different than last year. I couldn't tell you in detail how, so maybe I am wrong.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

1. Yeah, not inflated at all by the 70% against UK and the 76% against Iowa. You don't have to be accurate against shit teams.

2. At times? Try all the time. Even the downfield throws he completed were often due to receivers making adjustments.

3. It's the same offense. The scheme still sucks.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I recall at least 3 or 4 of those incompletions were Dobbs saving the offense a sack or pick by throwing it at the feet of the intended receiver on blown up screens. Now that I think about it, that number could be higher. The playcalling is crap, so I don't see what we can judge Dobbs on