Is There A Win Total This Year...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Jun 20, 2012.

1. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

True, but all a part of the process.

2. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Bamboo.

Just watering the bamboo.

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I agree that a good season is not gonna define him as a good coach. He's gonna need to string 3 or 4 of those together to get in that range and gain confidence.

4. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Im not sure that Bray, Hunter, and Rogers are even gonna be enough. We have never seen all 3 of them play an SEC game together. This year has the potential to be just as bad as the previous ones.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Potential, yes but they're too talented to not put points on the board.

Those 3 give Tennessee a puncher's chance against anyone because on any play it could be a TD. That being said, a good defense can contain them and wait for a mistake, which will happen any time a QB is asked to put it in the air 45 times a game.

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Unless Tennessee goes 12-2 or better and wins an SEC championship this year, there's not much that's going to make me feel confident unless he recruits at a very high level and duplicates his success in 2013.

I know that sounds negative, but [uck fay]ing Mike Shula went 10-2 in year 3. And Dooley has sucked for so long, I would need to see good reason to believe his success is a sign of things to come and not a random fluke. Especially when the schedule sucks, which it does this year.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  7. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

10 Wins and an SEC championship berth. This is the best team he's going to have here, so he has to do something this year.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah, 10 wins would really just provide a glimmer of hope. It would t actually prove anything. That good season would still be the outlier.