It's LSU Week

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 2, 2022.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

AR was 8/10 for two td's and a pick, 240 yards passing and 1 rush for 45 yards. Did not play all game.

So ya, I think he is probably better than he looked against USF and UU.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

8-10 for 240, 2 TDs and an INT.

1 rush for 45 yards

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

We’ve played seven games under Heupel against teams between about 10th and 45th in the country, and with the exception of the one that got away in the Swamp, every single one has come down to the final minute. Hard to expect anything but it happening again. We’ve got the talent to get on top of them if we play our best game, but we’ve really only seen that against the next tier down (the South Carolina’s and Missouri’s of the world) and the dregs.

OneForVol likes this.
  4. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Writer covering LSU on Basilio is not very optimistic about LSU's chances. They have some strengths but QB play and offense in general is not one of them.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I am going to keep this in repeat until Saturday:

[uck fay] Auburn made them punt eight (8) times.

InVolNerable and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  6. Tar Volon

Their offense reminds me quite a bit of Florida—getting it all done on the ground, with the quarterback scarier as a runner than as a passer. But if we contain and make him throw, I don’t know if Daniels is going to produce the kind of game that Richardson did.

Their D is probably the best we’ve seen this year. Now our offense is going to create its chances against anybody, but I don’t know that we’ll be able to get into the kind of groove that buried Florida.

7. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

We need to get up on them early, make them play catch-up.

Volokie likes this.
  8. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

I think with the extra week off our scripted plays on the first two drives will easily move the ball. Key is scoring TDs not FGs.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  9. Tar Volon

They have been very vulnerable early in the game. Hopefully after experiencing the Florida game, we’re not starting tight and overthrowing everything. LSU has shown a surprising ability to come back, but they’ve mostly been riding their defense locking people down in the second half. And while we did struggle late against Pitt, it’s going to be hard to hold us down for a whole half. If we can put them in a hole…

Memtownvol and OneForVol like this.
  10. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

That’s a proud and talented roster, well-coached, underdogs in their own building…they’re not gonna give us shit.

I think it’ll be close and believe we’re good enough to win, but I don’t expect we will.

11. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

LSU has a good dline. Better than Pitt’s. Can our LT hold up against Ojulari? Too bad we missed out on that kid. Think we were pretty confident with him after getting Bailey.

12. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

https://dicksbymail.com/products/spring-loaded-[penis]-bomb

have to replace [penis] with Richard's nickname.

13. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I don’t think LSU’s offense can put up 30 but their defense is pretty physical. If we are flat or Hooker gets popped, it could get 23-20 ish. But if we play clean and our defense plays a tad better it’s 37-23 ish.

I thought we would dominate Indiana in the bowl game. Major comeback. I thought we would handle UF. And we did…until 5 min to go. So I use a little too much heart. Lots riding on this. If we do play really well, it’s a testament to Heupel that the team can handle the possibility of an upcoming top 10 with Bama.

ESPN FPI says 58% LSU. I still think we win but I will drink and complain because like most of us, it’s been too long. BVS

14. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Their WRs are on a different level compared to UFs

15. Tar Volon

Very true, but their QB is worse, so it may come out in the wash to some extent.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Agreed but they haven't been used so far

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

"battered vol syndrome", as I recall, was first used on volnation during the Dooley era and right around the time of the purge that resulted in this place. I can't find the thread, but I remember comparisons to battered wife syndrome in how the fan base stood by Dooley and did the "who you gonna get" routine as well as the constant feeling that something bad was going to follow anything good, which led to wife being swapped for vol.

Sometime in the jones era, I think 2015 when the clouds parted a little, it was used to describe the lingering expectations of terrible things coming if any good happened. And this is where it first was being used as "bvs", which reads funny to me because it makes my brain think "vbs" like vacation Bible school. In any case, this is the occurrence that launched it into the mainstream consciousness of volnation for good.

I noticed a massive surge in the use of the "bvs" form of the phrase last season, and my internet research found that some YouTube channels and podcast types were using it as such to describe that same lingering feeling of "something bad will happen if we have any expectations or glimmers of success."

And now I see it being used a lot this year when leading up to big games.

I just want to say I was there when this term was coined, and part of the original meaning was relating to refusing to acknowledge Dooley had to go. I didn't coin "battered vol syndrome," but I made the analogy to a battered wife that led to a subsequent post coining the term in 2011. And it was the 2010 lsu game that laid the foundation for him needing to go, approximately 8 months prior to the term being coined and what was pointed to as the smoking gun of incompetence that early stage bvs sufferers refused to accept. Since then bvs mutated and we are mostly all infected in some form.

A win on Saturday may well help push most bvs sufferers into submission. Because Baton Rouge is where the pathology originates, whether others remember or not.

Dooley. Red stick. To the head. Still recovering.

Tar Volon and NorrisAlan like this.
  18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It started in Baton Rouge and was solidified at the Music City Bowl. Dooley won two games that was then decided he didn't win that season

IP likes this.
  19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They use those receivers to loosen the coverage up for 8 yard crossing routes to a freshman tight end

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod