Its Time (past time actually)....

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Oct 15, 2018.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's like this in Neyland too, though

2. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I think the Paul Bain hit too was when he said he got to the 1 yard line and he was probably at the 2 and a half, maybe 3.

Edit* just saw where you said 3 yard line. My bad.

That may have been a different play, but there was a play where he was off like that on the call.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Jesus. Out with Kesling, in with the Spanish announce team.

A-Smith likes this.
  4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Ok. That is awesome.

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Take today. Right now.

6. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

I understand the numbers and about one out of every 20 words. With this said, this is infinitely better than Kesling.

justingroves likes this.
  7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I had to listen to the first half of Auburn on the radio cause I was driving home from helping my brother in law move. I figured listening to Bob in my car would be superior to watching on TV at my mother-in-law's house. Still not sure I made the wrong decision because she is intolerable.

But anyway it was the second time this year I've listened to him and...Yep. Atrocious. He tells you next to nothing. He calls it like we can see everything for ourselves on TV. He describes a great catch on third down, and you spend the next 30 seconds wondering whether it is enough for a first down. Next thing you know he is describing the "spinning punt." I actually think he is much worse now than when he started.

10. Tenacious D

100% agree.

11. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Which is the most unforgivable sin, imo. It’s one thing to be bad coming in the door, and another to stay bad but to get even worse after 20 years have passed? Tennessee, the fans, the players and the University deserve better.

12. Tenacious D

Even now, after watching the game / seeing the highlights - just click play on this video, but just listen and don’t watch it.

How many plays that he calls do you know what’s going on, with any confidence as to distance / spacing / gains / losses.

Count’em up. Report back.

For the life of me, I can’t fathom how he possibly thinks his saying shit like “He’s running down the left side!” or “He turns / spins / sees / moves left to right / moves right to left” matters one damned bit.

He’s play by play for crissakes...

Pre-snap - tell me down and distance, formation, noteworthy player positions

Post snap: FIRST tell me run or pass, who has the ball / is being targeted, where they are on the field,

Between Plays: THEN tell me all of the anecdotal shit about spins, turns, etc. or tell me about what it looks like we / they are doing or are trying to do.

Damn, this isn’t hard.

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

We'll take their weather girls too, please

Savage Orange and NorrisAlan like this.
  14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That stuff is down right x-rated!

Gimme please.

15. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

This one in particular.... 29E418F7-3F9F-466F-BFDE-C14FDB8BE212.jpeg