I've [itch bay]ed a lot

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Oct 5, 2013.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I didn't get to see any of those three play, but right now I kind of wonder if the whole SC organization hasn't kind of mailed it in.

Kind of wonder of some of Freeze's magic hasn't worn off and it finally got exposed on the road last night.

There's still three possible wins out there if we play ball.

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

They may be fooling everybody, but I think SC is going backwards, and we are catching them at a good time.

Mizzou can score, AU can score, Vandy didnt play very well.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

You never chastise extraordinary effort. You simply instruct how to better address the situation.

4. JayVols

One game at a time. :)

The rest of the season is squarely on the shoulders of Justin Worley. It depends on which guy shows up for each game. Is it going to be the 1st half USA & the second half UGA or the throw late/behind/up for grabs under pressuer Worley that we've seen? He's shown that he can be a competent game manager and he's shown that he can be inept. Getting consistent game manager performances is the key to going bowling or having the 1st eight loss season in our history.

Edit: And the outcome of which one it will be depends on Bajakian not being predictable. Up until the second half of last night's game, his playcalling has been as competent as Sugar ****' ability to understand anything that has to do with football with the exception of making pom-pom pants.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  5. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

That is true, if he can manage the game like he did the second half, we have a good shot at making a bowl game.

6. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

So you agree

7. JayVols

Yes.

8. JayVols

See my edit of the post you quoted.

9. CardinalVol

FWIW, that's the Bajakian I've been waiting for.

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'm hoping that he's finally starting to understand what his players do well, and can now call plays to their ability.

11. CardinalVol

Even in the first half, other that the debacle inside the 10 I don't have any issues with the calls or gameplan. Second half he was one step ahead of Grantham the entire time.

12. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

After that abysmal (USA) 2nd half I think it's fair to assume that Jones had a nice conversation about "playing to their strength" with the Baja-man.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

All said does this team get to 6 wins?

14. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Last week I couldn't anyway possible. This week there is hope.

15. JayVols

I have no qualms with his playcalling in the second half yesterday. The fake/throw on 4th and short was a helluva gutsy call. I can appreciate that type stuff much more than I can punting on 4th and short like we did at Oregon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwMIot_hbZ8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

[youtube]gwMIot_hbZ8[/youtube]

16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Agree. In the first half, I thought the calls were fine, we just weren't executing. In the second, Bajakian clearly outcalled Grantham. I've been waiting for this game all season too, and I hope we build on it moving forward. I think we can, but it'll depend, as JayVols said, on game-manager Worley showing up and not throw-it-into-the-ground-every-play Worley

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The key to yesterday was that he let the game come to him instead of forcing the game. We stuck with the run and played ahead of the chains for the most part of the game.

18. CardinalVol

The strike he made to Josh Smith on that skinny post in the 4th was as pretty of a ball as he has thrown at UT.

Also, while he was far from perfect, he stood in the pocket a lot better yesterday. Didn't throw off his back foot nearly as much when the pocket started collapsing.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It wasn't like he didn't see much pressure either. Stood in there alright.

20. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

They gave no reason to think we were headed that way. Hope is a good word.