I've [itch bay]ed a lot

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Oct 5, 2013.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

You shouldn't have to encourage effort.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Either Hyams or Reveiz has a whistling booger on the final scoreboard...hahaha

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I think it's Fuad.

4. Vol2424

Vol2424 Contributor

Lol

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Butch employs two guys fired by Richt snd nearly beat him with an undermanned squad

6. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I know a guy who attended his first game in years at Neyland today. He is a Tennessee fan, who attended Ole Miss, thus he typically pulls for both teams and goes to more OM games because of his friends there and proximity.

He texted me tonight saying that he thought the house was coming down when they blocked the punt. He followed up by saying that despite the loss, this was the best game he had seen in years... he meant, the game, the crowd, energy, etc....

Thought that was neat that for once people got that feel in Neyland again.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

i just hate everything and want to be miserable

8. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I saw a lot of reporters on twitter say he deserved it, but I think the PF call on Butch was bullsh**.

How many times do Saban and Muschamp go crazy...never see them flagged for it.

9. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

The best part of today's game was that a number of recruits got to feel Neyland at it's best... that goes a long way.

10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Yeah, I can't imagine this being anything but a good day for actually getting talent into the program. Which is the key to getting good. I'm excited to start hearing reports on the weekend

11. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Agree. Pig's OT fumble out of the endzone is an example (and my point). Coach tells player, "great effort, next time protect the 'ball."

12. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

Coaches applaud effort everyday. Nothing wrong with it either.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It was a fun game to be at today, and hats off to Worley. He played about as well as he can, and gave his team a chance to win.

14. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

What else would you do with it? If you kick or punt the ball through the end zone, it's a touchback. Why would you treat incompetent ballhandling differently?

15. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

This is the first time I've been upset after a game since bama in '09. The past 3 years have drained my enthusiasm and I'm glad this game brought it back.

16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Why is incompetent ball-handling around the end zone treated differently than incompetent ball-handling anywhere else on the field?

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Because the end zone is a different territory, maybe?

18. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

Incompetent? Please.

19. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

20. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

How is fumbling in any situation not incompetent ballhandling? Can it occasionally be explained by a great play or bad conditions? Sure. That said, keeping the ball is the object of the [dadgum] game. If you lose it, you've failed. It's an elementary concept and rewarding it would be trophies for everyone territory.