I've [itch bay]ed a lot

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Oct 5, 2013.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It hasn't been for the past 3 years though

2. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Of course we all want to win, but how can you not at least applaud the effort of this team?

3. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

No shit.

4. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Milk dud is too busy combing over USC's roster to prepare for Missouri. They'd be dumb as hell to hire him.

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Fine. But that doesn't mean shit. Seal the deal and win.

6. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

Imo, the team deserved an ovation or whatever. That was a ballgame tonight. Its not applauding failure or mediocrity. Its applauding effort and just a good ballgame.

7. Vol2424

Vol2424 Contributor

Like I said, I agree most of the time. Today, I am actually proud of the team. I'm hurting over the loss, but it damn sure gives me a glimmer of hope.

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Valid point. But at some point, opening game of this year would be a great time, we have to look beyond that.

Team played well tonight. We lost it in the first half. Plain and simple. All I'm saying is I'll be damned before I'll applaud someone for playing hard. That's a ****ing given. At any level.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Hell, it was true after four quarters in Gainesville.

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Applauding effort is akin to dropping a [dadgum]ed anchor. That's shit Vanderbilt does.

11. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Been waiting to see this staff coach em up and make a difference. They took less talent and had a chance.

Heres what I want to see. You got an extra week and a team you can compete with coming in after that. Do we take another step, or get mired up in moral victories and firing our only shot against UGA.

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Second half adjustments were good. Was nice to see a discernible plan for a change.

13. limpleg

I don't agree in this instance. We were 2 inches of a W from a kid diving for the pylon. Those 2 inches don't turn my opinion the other direction,cans it hasnothing to do with vandy or any other game.

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Agree. Just saying our fanbase walking out chanting like we just beat the Cowboys of the 90s irks me.

15. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

I can understand it. Maybe it will be an actual win next time. It has been so long since we have seen a UT team show and kind of heart when they get behind that it is hard not to see the good in today's game. They played their asses off and it slipped away at the end to a much better team. It could be worse. I hope that they follow this with an equally strong effort for the rest of the season. They are starting to believe that they can do this.

16. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

The outcome for Pig's fumble in OT is way too severe. I get that the call was correct and that is the rule but damn, that should be changed to give the offense the ball back at the last point of possession. I've never liked that rule, it's akin to putting someone in jail for speeding 5 over the limit.

17. limpleg

I know. Sucks man. We had them. We outhit them. Outcoached them, imo. Just very frustrating. I wouldn't have applauded any effort yet this year though, until today, especially the 2nd half. It was fun again for a little while.

18. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I'm okay with applauding a team after a loss in rare instances. I'm proud of the way we played today, even though we didn't win, and cheering after the game is a way to show the team that we appreciate them. We're not going to keep cheering them for losses every game. The last time I remember doing it (although I wasn't there live) was the Michigan State Elite Eight game.

19. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

It's strange to me that a fumble out of bounds anywhere on the field goes back to the spot of the fumble, but in the end zone it's a touchback and possession changes. I'm sure there's some reason that the rule exists, but it seems like a strange one when you think about it.

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Atmosphere was great. It was fun. Loud as hell. And we did out coach them. Richt still sucks. My beef is not with the team or the staff. My beef is with our fan base. Quit accepting losses like this. Don't walk out and say "well we played hard" or "well we didn't quit like we did with Dooley." Nut the **** up and demand we start winning. People are donating $16 million. They don't do that to applaud effort. Start winning games and quit saying its great to be a Vol when you get beat by a bunch of ****s who are grown ass men that bark at people.