Jalen Hurd

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I wanted to say this myself but you're much better with words.

2. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

That shit makes it worse. Its not like some of the *******s on Dooley's teams - these guys seem like they are doing shit right. Lyle is just out of his league.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yep.

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

You can say that about a lot of guys in this group. Sad waste.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Im not just talking about this specific game. Dobbs has been a shitty passer from the beginning, and teams are only going to get better and better at exploiting his weaknesses.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Our offense is idiotic. Every play, they must break tackles just to get to the LOS. And it is schematic, no one kid themselves.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And yet when we are in position to make plays, Dobbs throws behind receivers, or overthrows them, or just doesn't see them.

I'm not going to continue repeating the same things over and over again. I agree that Butch and the playcalling are the main problem. I just think Dobbs and his inaccurate passing limits our playcalling options. I'd like to see what Dormady can do.

8. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Butch needs Marcus Mariota and the Browns offensive line to run his offense. Otherwise the defense has a small area to defend. It's like being in the redzone everywhere on the field.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Or he hits Ethan Wolf in stride.

Or he drops a pass perfectly in the end zone for Malone

Or he puts it up for Preston or Pearson to make a play

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Haven't seen nearly as much of this lately.

11. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

The offensive line is a big part of the problem. He doesn't have time to get rid of the ball before someone is hanging on his ass.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Count mississippi's after the snap. You'll be lucky to finish the first one. He has no time on pass plays.

13. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Dobbs isn't a greatly accurate quarterback. This doesn't seem to have improved as he has aged, by the way, which I think speaks to some of the coaching he has received. We also don't do shit to help him succeed. You remember the Smith overthrow because he only had 7 [dadgum]ed completions prior to that. 7 in 14 attempts.

Our passing game is garbage because the coaching staff has done absolutely nothing to help Dobbs be better at it.

14. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

If I'm Jalen Hurd I'm becoming angry and distant. He's getting hosed. He is on Fournette and Chubb's level.

15. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

His expression after the game leads you to believe he's aware of all this.

16. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Didn't see that. Hurd and North should be leading the fire Butch brigade.

17. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

It's about to get ugly.

18. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

No he isn't.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

He's on Chubb's level. Fournette appears better than both.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I can't remember the last time Hurd got to see open field.