James Franklin contacted victim in Vanderbilt rape case

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Vol2424, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Very true. They knew what they were getting off the field when they hired him though.

2. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

The real question is what in the hell happens to Penn State if they fire him? Their program will be a complete disaster, if it wasn't already.

3. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Mike mcQuery takes over.

4. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Have to wonder what those meetings were like. The guy had this hanging over his head. I'll make an assumption here and say that Franklin told them he was in the clear and they had nothing to worry about, in which case, they could fire him for that alone could they not?

5. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

If they didn't do their own homework with Franklin, they deserve to be paying every cent of his buyout.

6. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I agree with that. He didn't hire himself.

7. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

For the lack of appreciation they gave O'brein, who knew he was wasting several years of his burgeoning career there yet stayed, I kinda do wish the worst for them in future HC hires.

8. Nothing will happen because of this.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Clay Travis reporting that UT called Franklin this morning and offered him a 30 year / 7 million per year contract to be our head coach. Has to be true.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Frankly, after the Sandusky stuff, they deserve it. I feel sorry for the students and the innocent people that work there, but sometimes it takes this to slap some sense into a fan base that blind worship is dangerous.

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Do what?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Just shine daylight on it all.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not really. He has (falsely) reported of Tennessee going after Franklin before.