Jancek

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 26, 2014.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He should be the happiest man in Knoxville today. He's not getting one tenth of the criticism he should be getting over his defensive game plan. I'm really not sure in what universe he thought it was a good idea to not put Sutton on cooper all night.

Love him or hate him, kiffin was playing chess to jancek's checkers last night.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I don't understand how or why our coaching staff insists on over-complicating the simple game of football.

3. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

Yeah the defensive suckness surprised me.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Honestly, we could have beat UF running a high school offense. Could have done the same to Vandy last season. That's actually what the Dores did to us. Sometimes this over complicating stuff is losing games to inferior competition.

5. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

6. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Just like in 2009, Kiffin out coached Jancek

7. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Great analogy

8. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

One would think after some very minimal film study you could figure out 9 was getting the ball for a reason.

Ive cut him some slack most of this year mainly because his D had been decent and looked miles ahead of his counterpart in the booth. Last night was completely unacceptable in any way specifically the start.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

it almost seemed to me at the start they gave cooper too much respect, soft zone coverage, etc.

That first play looked like a flashback to the last couple of years, defensively, though

10. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Bama only scored 7 points in the second half, and 14 points the final 3 quarters, after the intial 20 point outburst in the 1st quarter. I'm more concerned with why we didn't QB spy Sims in the 4th quarter with JRM. That's about the only true gripe I have for the defense.

11. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

The defense got smoked so badly for the first half of the first quarter that the game was essentially over before people got back with their hotdogs. I kind of have a gripe with that.

12. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

The guy has something like 500 yards and 5 TDs against UT in 3 games for his career.

If he comes back next year, we should probably remember who he is.

13. CardinalVol

Cooper having 4 catches for 155 yards and 2 tds before the 8 minute mark in the first quarter still doesn't sit well with me.

14. NorrisAlan

Also, they moved the ball at will in the fourth quarter, and a fluke fumble on the goal line kept it closer than it should have been.

In this era of SEC dominance, every school but us has had its little run. Makes me wish I drank.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That was just so we could demonstrate for a full 3 quarters that we refuse to give up. It wasn't just a moral victory, it was a moral blowout.

16. NorrisAlan

If I was DC, I would say if you are covering him and you don't have two personal fouls by the end of the first half, turn in your uni.

17. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Sutton should have been on him all game.

18. CardinalVol

I remember one Sutton break up on a pass cooper was targeted. One.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think you are ejected after two personal fouls.

20. NorrisAlan

Was unaware of this rule.