Jaylen Miller DE SC

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Jewbaccah, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

2. Nucvol

Nucvol Member

Impressive offer list for a 3star.

3. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

4. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

""I love Tennessee. Ever since my ninth grade year and I went up to my first camp there and I mean loved Tennessee since the beginning and I guess the last staff didn't want me so I really didn't think about Tennessee. I still like the school, I just didn't consider it since it was a school that I didn't have an offer from them. Now that I have an offer from there I'm willing to go there."

"I just got off the phone with them earlier today. I talked to the defensive coordinator and coach Graham and another coach as well," Miller said. "They were telling me they wanted me really bad and they're trying to set up an official visit for the weekend of Feb. 2."

Miller finished his senior season with an eye-popping 27 sacks and he actually talked to the Tennessee coaches on Tuesday and they let him know then how he would fit into the Vols' scheme.

"I called coach (Tuesday) and we were talking and he was telling me how I would fit perfect with their scheme," Miller said. "It was great to hear." Miller said the coaches told him he'd line up at defensive end for the Vols unless he added a lot of weight.

"Playing defensive end is one of my priorities in looking at colleges and they talked to me about playing defensive end. He said the only way I would move inside is if I weighed 300-pounds or something," Miller offered."

- VQ

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I've seen him play a couple of times. This is the same high school as Vol LB Dominique Stevenson and also gave the world Sidney Rice and Quinshad Davis among many many others.

This is a good place to start if you are looking to make inroads into South Carolina. Between Gaffney and Byrnes, that I85 corridor has some solid prospects.

6. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Well, what did you think of him?

7. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

UF, Lsu, and UNC want him. Probably means something.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

And Nebraska

9. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

He's been talked about since his Sophomore year. He was a talented though inconsistent player. The games I watched he made some plays but never dominated.

The more important thing is to maintain ties in that area. Gaffney is probably the most crazed high football town in the entire country not located in the state of Texas. Tennessee needs visibility in the Upstate and have done a fairly poor job in South Carolina in recent years. (Missed on Jeffrey, Sam Montgomery, Quarles, Quinshad and so on).

10. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Thanks.

11. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Having only two underclassmen at DE has to be appealing.

12. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Likely to visit this weekend.

13. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Made two it seems merge please.

14. 27 sacks in one season is unreal. He would be a nice get this late in the game.

15. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

He should be a four star. I like his explosion off the ball.

16. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Along w/ Byrne, Gaffney is a consistent powerhouse in SC, finishing #3 in 2012. Miller had some terrific numbers his SR yr including 24.5 sacks, 62 tackles/46 solo, 3 FF, 9 Pass Breakups, and 1 FR.
    He loves the Vols, reenforced this when he camped here this summer. Will take his visits but should be a Vol on NSD.

17. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

ESPN ---just updated their list ---has him as a 4*.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

They don't like to make a move until they hear from govols182

19. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Good to know. ;)

20. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I think our entire class should be 6 stars.