Jaylen Miller DE SC

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Jewbaccah, Jan 3, 2013.

1. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Why no offers from the in-state schools? Strange. Nice offer list, nonetheless. Hubbs says don't be surprised at commitment soon.

2. He's all but committed now according to the new rivals update.

3. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

He said he didn't commit this weekend, but that Tennessee is the leader heading down the stretch. He may cancel his other official visits and call it quits and be done with everything, but as of right now he's still thinking about taking other visits.

-rivals

4. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

"It was nice. I loved it up there. It was just ever since I was in ninth grade I loved Tennessee and I felt something different about Tennessee," Miller said. "On my official visit I felt like it was my first time (again) and I love Tennessee."

Miller, who had visited numerous times before and once in the summer, reacquainted himself with Tennessee's campus as well as the Vols' new facilities.

"We got up there on Friday and we ate and chilled and everything. The next day it was a full day. We toured the facilities, indoor facility, the weight room, the business schools, the study center. We saw pretty much everything," Miller said.

The biggest highlight for Miller was the time he was able to spend with the Tennessee coaching staff.

"I hung out with the coaches the entire time. I feel like I've known those coaches my whole life, especially the d-line coach, coach (Steve) Stripling . He's very easy to talk to and I feel like we can relate to each other because he's passionate about pass rushing just as much as I am," Miller said. "Coach (Tommy) Thigpen, we talk like we've known each other for years. Coach (Jay) Graham, I've known him for a few years. Coach (Butch) Jones, he's really laid back and easy to talk to and coach (John) Jancek he's easy to talk to."

With his Tennessee visit wrapped up, the 6-foot-3, 260-pound defensive lineman may be done taking official visits but wants to think it over for several days before doing anything.

"I really don't know. I want to take my official visits, but then again this whole recruiting process is getting hectic. I'm thinking about canceling my other official visits. It's just something I've got to figure out for myself," Miller offered. "I was supposed to go to Wake Forest and Maryland and maybe N.C. State. But, right now I feel like I don't want to, but I don't want to say one thing and do another."

When asked if Miller would end up in Knoxville he answered, "Most likely."

In the mean time, Miller said he's going to weigh the pros and cons of each school before making a final decision.

"I'll take the pros and cons of each school and compare them against one another," Miller said.

VolQuest

5. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Safe to say he's the only new addition to the fanbase from Dooley's first season?

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Bazinga

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Must've been held back at some point in high school.

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

If he's a senior now, his 9th grade year would've been Kiffin's season.

9. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Oops. I guess it's just a defense mechanism on my part to try to put Dooley as far in the rear view as reasonably possible.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Kiffin's song and dance was/is money with that age group.

11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Family was in Knoxville this past weekend according to Jew.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

From toos:

@skeeter33418
    Hearing Miller has now joined VolNation! Could be a crazy good finish.

13. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I've stopped posting on the recruiting boards for a while. Mainly due to me being optimistic about this recruiting class but reluctant to state as much for fear of being disappointed on NSD. I haven't stopped following everything, however. I'm optimistic that he gets it done both this year and next. Hope he can coach as well as he can recruit ... he's been burning it up so far.