John Currie on Leading with Integrity

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, May 2, 2018.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

that's not what you said when you were there.

InVolNerable likes this.
  2. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I don’t think that’s true at all. The only time I remember saying something to that effect I feel like it pretty clearly came across as a joke. Hell I didn’t attend a single sporting event while I was there, or even watch them.

3. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

Are there details of all that? Seems like so much that goes on in college sports, and at UT, is swept under the rug. Buyouts/payoffs keep everyone quiet and reporters are scared about losing access.

4. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

It's fine. I recall saying I liked it because there wasn't traffic. I should've known I'd jinx myself by saying that. Ever since Business 40 was closed off for however many exits, traffic has become a shit show everywhere, seemingly.

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

First, unless you’re Bev, Currie or one of the principals directly and intimately involved, it’s all scuttlebutt. Mere rumor.

While I think most, if not all, of what I posted there was taken from various public outlets / local media accounts at the time, I’d struggle to source even then, and which I wouldn’t trust even my own recollection of, now.

I still believe it to all be true, just as I did when originally posting it, but lacking any credible sourcing, it’s probably best read as nothing more than baseless rumor. Maybe someone else can recall more of it than I can, and will chime in, to validate or correct my post.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

His cell phone records proved a lot of it to be true.