JoJo Kemp RB FL

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Jewbaccah, Jan 5, 2013.

1. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Don't forget to count the afro

2. Montrell

Montrell New Member

I dont see this kid as the difference maker some on here obviously do. Just look at his final 3. Plus APB types in this league haven't historically been overly successful at the tailback position. They do better in the slower conferences who lack team speed defensively.

3. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I'm not high on him either. That said, I will sacrifice some speed for power at this point. We don't have a back that can break one-on-one tackles right now. We have to find some power running backs that will provide high percentage conversions on short downs/distances. Neither Lacy nor Gurley are burners with elite speed but they are the every down backs and 1,000 yard rushers. UGA has a back with ELITE speed in Keith Marshall but if he isn't in space he doesn't run well. Please give us a back who can shove that [itch bay] down the defense's throat ... PLEASE!

4. Montrell

Montrell New Member

I agree completely. Kemp is just not the type of difference maker they need at tailback. Derrick Green is the guy I want, hands down. He has everything you want in a tailback and he will get you those extra tough yards that you need to be able to get in this conference.

5. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Staff is pushing for Jonathan Ford.

Green, Kamara, Ford, and Barber are the main targets right now.

6. Montrell

Montrell New Member

I like Ford A LOT better than Kemp.

7. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Has he decomitted from Vandy? Expected to?

8. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

He hasn't. As of right now, no.

9. Montrell

Montrell New Member

He's still committed to Vandy. I'm not sure how solid he is.

10. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

It seems that Butch has no problem sneaking in on committed recruits ... which I find awesome and the only way you can recruit in this conference. You think that is accurate?

11. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

False. He tweeted rebutting Ward.

12. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

I agree.

13. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Kemp tweeted he was likely still visiting us several hours ago. Ignore all post visit interviews goes both ways. They are useless.

14. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Yes.

15. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

He has moved visit to 1/25. If a recruit moves a visit always time to think he does not love UT. But Graham was in his house today.

16. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

He confirmed on twitter he is visiting Tennessee and announcing right after. VOL.

17. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

I am not sure this kid can qualify for SEC. Looks like he is going back to USF.

18. sr1080

sr1080 New Member

kentucky wildcat

19. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It's true