Jordan/Pippen vs. James/Wade

Discussion in 'Sports' started by TheGeneral, Feb 19, 2012.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

The person that thinks 3 rebounds puts Pippen ahead of possibly the best 2 guard in the League right now is just plain stupid.

2. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Player A is 7th in the league in scoring, 21st in rebounds, and 1st by a longshot in steals.

Player B is 5th in scoring, 68th in rebounding, and 8th in steals.

LawVol says player B had a better season, probably so his original statement doesn't look completely wrong (which it is). I think player A had the better year, for what seem to be pretty obvious reasons. Apparently I'm full of shit. Oookay

3. NashVol11

Really having trouble with the numbers today, aren't you? Do you even remember what the original discussion was?

4. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Agreed.

5. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Yep, I got it. Pippen's 3 more rebounds, 1 more steal, and 3 less points, 1 less assist conclusively show that he had the superior season to Wade's career average. However, VKAdipshit fails to acknowledge that Pippen and Wade don't play the same position and that Pippen is 4 inches taller than Wade. Shockingly, 2 guards don't lead the League in rebounding, but I doubt you knew that.

6. NashVol11

Who typically leads the league in steals?

7. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

But the first one you mentioned is also not up for debate. Pippen was not a better shooter than Dwayne Wade. Not by a long shot.

8. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Someone who guards the perimeter, which Pippen did.

9. kidbourbon

Flash was the Batman to Shaq's Robin on the 2005-06 Miami Heat NBA Championship team. I will stand by that statement to anyone who wishes to argue it. Pippen never had the offensive firepower to be the Batman on a championship team.

10. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Agreed. Wade's mid-range game is absolutely elite.

11. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Yes, but this is all negated because Pippen averaged 8.4 rebounds one year.

12. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Hakeem averaged 2.6 steals per game in 1988 playing the 5. So, obviously Pippen's 2.9 steals per game is out of this world good.

13. NashVol11

And he was guarding the perimeter while averaging 8.7 rebounds per game? Seems pretty impressive.

14. kidbourbon

Almost as impressive as Kevin Love making a living from behind the arc while average 14 rebounds a game.

15. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Or Bird averaging 10 for a career.

16. NashVol11

If there's a 6'8 or taller player in the last 10 years who's averaged 2.3 steals per game, much less 2.9, I haven't found them. Not sure why you're trying so hard to belittle a pretty impressive accomplishment.

17. NashVol11

Love gets his boards on the defensive end, so it doesn't really matter where he shoots...

Either way, though, when have I said Love isn't a good rebounder?

18. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Just pointing out something that blows your assertion that only 1 and 2 guards lead the League in steals.

19. NashVol11

Pointing out a once-in-a-generation exception doesn't really "blow" anything. That's like me saying Wade should rebound more because Jason Kidd pulled down 8 a game for two seasons with the Nets.

20. kidbourbon

I'm [uck fay]ing with you, Ted.