Joshua Dobbs QB

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Jewbaccah, Dec 31, 2012.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Is he from Chattanooga?

2. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

New Hampshire

3. Montrell

Montrell New Member

He's very highly rated on 247. Looks like he'd be a good pickup to me for this type of offense. People need to remember there is only going to be 1 QB on the roster next year who fits into this offensive scheme.

4. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

?

Tattoo boy not coming?

5. Montrell

Montrell New Member

Meant to say on the returning roster. My bad. I think Ferguson is a decent fit as well for this offense.

6. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

LOL Ferguson's dad is [itch bay]ing that if this kid commits his son may go to Bama. I had my suspicions with Ferguson with the Elite 11 stuff. And if we didn't take Woulard because Ferguson threatened to bail, that is bullshit.

7. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Let Ferguson go if he fears competition. I doubt he leaves but if Dobbs scares him off we do not want him.

8. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I had just come around to the thought of him being a good kid and misunderstanding the whole thing when he had the pics with his whole family in orange. He might be a good kid, but his dad is being a grade A ass.

9. Vol2424

Vol2424 Contributor

Not like they aren't taking 2 QBs , and a walk on to make it 3. I hope Riley comes to Tennessee , but the threats are pathetic. If he goes to Hellabama , he will be forever known as Turd Ferguson.

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Bama has three QBs in this class already. Don't believe.

The kid they have walking on is a 5.7 3 star. Bama is just on another level right now.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  11. Vol2424

Vol2424 Contributor

Part of the "threat" is they know how many QBs Bama has , and they still want him. Whoever it is said he could always go sit the bench and win rings , or go somewhere (meaning Tennessee) , play , and not win anything. If that's how they feel about his future here , they can gtfo with that shit.

12. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

So sitting and winning is more important than a legit chance to play and contribute to winning...nonsense

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Dobbs committed to ASU last summer before the emergence of Kelly under center. With signing day less than a week away, the No. 4 rated dual-threat QB is ripe to be flipped, though for now he remains committed to the Sun Devils. He’s drawn plenty of interest as programs rush to finish the recruiting season strong with the Tennessee Volunteers and Clemson Tigers making late hard sells. Even the Stanford Cardinal have been linking to Dobbs, offering to let him play both football and baseball in Palo Alto.

The Vols appear to be the biggest threat to ASU for the services of the Alpharetta, Georgia, quarterback. With the quarterback position seemingly locked down for the next several years in Tempe, Dobbs would potentially be sitting for the next three years before he got his opportunity. Tennessee’s quarterback situation is uncertain at best and with new head coach Butch Jones in town, a fresh face could make a major impact right away.

Jones is also going to be bringing his spread system with him to Knoxville, and Dobbs is the perfect quarterback to run it. His athleticism and arm strength would translate well into what Jones is trying to do with Tennessee’s offense and would give him a playmaker early to try and break through in the SEC.

Also helping Tennessee’s case is their academics. One of the reasons that Dobbs chose Arizona State initially was because of their aerospace engineering program, a curriculum that Tennessee also happens to offer. An education is important to Dobbs, and the Vols can offer him a comparable one at Tennessee.

Read more at College Football Recruiting: Arizona State, Tennessee Push For Same QB

14. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

15. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Aerospace + football? Sounds like a nightmare. But I would guess UT's aero is better.

16. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

We have an astronaut...

17. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Based on what?

18. Nucvol

Nucvol Member

If he's that smart, he shouldn't have any problems learning the offence.

19. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Hope he has pocket presents

20. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Assuming he's his school's Valid Victorian.