Josiah James - 2019 PG

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by 2Maggitt2Quit, Sep 19, 2018.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Also exactly what I thought. You're blind and can't see that Walker's ability in the post and superior athleticism make him a better weapon on the floor than Fulkerson

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Ability in the post? How many shots has even taken in SEC play? 10? Where are you seeing this ability? Walker may be a lot of things, a superior athlete isn't one of them. Walker can do everything that Fulkerson can do. Be tall, play hard, set screens, get a few garbage buckets. However, Walker cannot shoot, at all. The thought of he and Pons on the floor at the same time is scary.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

ya, turns out I got some vindication early. He needs to work on free throws, but he's not as spazzy as Fulkerson. Definitely needs to keep getting some of Fulk's minutes. Look's like Barnes thinks so too.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I don't agree. Fulk is shooting 60% and has a couple limited moves. Walker has zero moves with ball or ability to pass. Need him to bang, rebound and defend as he's the most offensively limited player on the team.
    If Walker was a better athlete, they would run him out and throw the ball like they tried with Fulkerson twice yesterday. One worked and one didn't. Walker can't run, make that catch take a step and finish.

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Neither of them need to do anything more offensively than rebound and distribute the ball. They are the last option on the floor, unless Pons is also on the floor.

3 or 4 times a game, I momentarily get excited as I see a pass on its way to what appears to be a wide open man on the perimeter, only to then realize that man is Pons.

Tenacious D, A-Smith, GahLee and 2 others like this.
  6. Ssmiff

Thought fulk played Silva well on D last night.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

He's a hero waiting to happen.

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

There's no reason a player as athletic and bouncy as Pons shouldn't get a couple of garbage baskets a game. He did in the beginning of the season, but he's really struggling now.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He makes a nice little move here about the 1:00 mark. Nothing amazing, but I think a glimpse of what he is capable of offensively.

10. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Josiah is going to be playing in the McDs All-American game tonight if anyone is interested in meaningless exhibition games.

11. Ssmiff

You [penis]!

Thought injury or decommit

utvol0427 and 2Maggitt2Quit like this.
  12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Ok, so I watched him play tonight at the McDonald's Game (TV, not live). Very smooth and did not look out of place, but did not shine. I'm not sure he scored. It is an all star game, though, not the best environment to judge. I doubt he will be a one and done. He has great size for a PG, 6-6 or so and lanky, even though he looks like he could do the combo guard thing, as well. He was not aggressive trying to score, so he appears to be of a PG mentality, primarily.

Other than him, the SEC appears to be having a talent upgrade. The Edwards kid will be great at Georgia and Florida will have a really nice guard in Lewis. The Stewart kid going to Washington might have been the best player on the court, although Wiseman, who we'll see in December for Memphis, is right there, too.

13. Ssmiff

Yeah I don't think he has his eyes on one and done. He has some work to do, but could be a matchup nightmare for some teams, and a kid who can work the ft line a little in a zone, with size to finish and vision.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

That game was hard to watch.

15. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I am curious to see how Wiseman does when he gets bodied up by a thicker player. While Grant can get bothered by some long athletic players, I just think he would go to work on a kid like that.... and I dont suspect he will get all that much bigger by next season.

The Jeffries kid who was snubbed for the McDs game but will be in the Jordan Brand game, in my opinion, might be a better year 1 player at Memphis even if he ends up staying longer.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

James had several turnovers unfortunately.