JUCO Signing Day

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by MaconVol, Dec 18, 2013.

1. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Wake-up call for the "ESS-EEE-CEE!" Crowd.

Rivals playing for and winning national titles do nothing but hurt us.

2. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

You should be - he won't start at Auburn next year and maybe not even senior year. Playing time is usually the main priority for JUCOs.. that and money.

He's an ******* for doing flipping this late - we built our dline class around him and passed on some pretty good JUCO dlinemen.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Not good minions, IMHO.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I kind of figured the same on the first one.

As for the second one, how late did they start pushing? I'm not gonna fault the kid for having a change of heart unless he knew in advance and just led us on afterward.

Funny how the "experts" were 95% sure last night that he'd sign with us.

5. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Two weeks ago.

6. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Which is what sucks about all of this, also the fact that he got upset when people called him out on it earlier, and he went on the "I'm a Vol" monologue.

7. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Barn's losing Ford and Eguae. Bradley and Wright will be SR's. If he's a good as advertised minimum he'll be in '14 rotation and be a starter in '15

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Good luck to the kid, and wish him nothing but the best where he chose to be.

Little more to say, than that.

9. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

I agree, but it still stings. The overreaction crowd needs to go to the bunny ranch.

10. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

It's not over reaching to tell a kid you're buying that he can't visit a notoriously high bidder.

11. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

This is a huge loss.

12. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Yes it is especially when we you see us bring in a Saulsberry clone or two. Godammit.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Got to bring out the Custco-sized jelly canisters when going head to head with the barn. And then probably should have gone to Pigeon Forge for some Christmas jelly for mama too.

14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I'm so sick of getting punked by Auburn on the recruiting trail.

15. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

This right here.

16. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

UT fans (though probably the same with every fanbase) have their fair share making us all look like idiots tweeting this guy.

17. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Is it really that big a loss? We'll suck next year regardless, and maybe we'll have someone else in place to fill his spot in 2015.

18. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

True. "Wait til next season" has become "wait til a few years from now." Damn, I'm ready to see Tennessee win again.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  19. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Used to this by now.

20. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I like what I have seen from the juco DT we did sign, looks like he has a good motor.