Junior Seau Found Dead

Discussion in 'Sports' started by BearCat204, May 2, 2012.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yeah, give the woman some damn space. Her son just committed suicide, don't ask for an interview the day of this happening.

2. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

I'll never understand how/why people go on CNN/Espn right after a major family tragedy.

3. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Dave Duerson.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Never had a reported brain injury.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He covered his arms in Vaseline to keep the wind off of him during cold weather games because he said "real men don't wear sleeves and play football" in an SI interview. For some reason, I remember that quote.

Anyways, it's a tragedy. I think he never really filled the void left after he retired.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I'm not trying to make light of the situation, but lots of people commit suicide who have never played football. I don't really see any correlation other than what groves mentioned above me, at this point.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

"Reported". MJD has said publicly in an interview that there have been times he was sure something was wrong, but he wanted to get back out there to get stats for his contract. I imagine that's a common thing among players

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

At this point this is my stance. I am just not sure how you link the two.

9. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

But real men do cover themselves in vaseline and tackle other men? Sweet...

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Struck by lightning? Damn...

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

a couple who works in my office daughter died last weekend (we don't know the cause, but some things were suspicious) and for some reason let the local abc news go through the house. i guess they were trying to find out what happened and hoped someone would watch it and get them info, but god was it heartbreaking. nicest people on earth too. girl is found dead at home, garage door is open, her car is gone, but now the police are saying no foul play is suspected. sad

12. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Wow

13. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

As a poor joke, someone referred to him as the "super charger"

14. kidbourbon

This is interesting.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

his family is saying he never mentioned concussions or asked to be put into this study after death so who knows?

16. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

i heard bill romanowski on the radio today. he said he had 30 documented cases of concussions, he also said was that probably had somewhere between 200-300 concussions. romanowski said he doesn't remember a game, or practice where he wasn't seeing stars, or was loopy. he also talked about how he was leaving the raiders complex 2 weeks before he retired and he didn't know how to get home. he went to 3 different NFL doctors and one told him "time is your friend", a second told him "there's nothing we can do", and a thrid told him "i don't know". he went on to get his on team of doctors and scientists, and they came up with some supplement that he and some other family members, and nfl guys tried and they all had great results with. He now sells it on his website.

He said he honestly believed Seau shot himself in the chest as a gesture for them to check his brain.

17. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

btw i know there are some typos in the post above however it wouldn't let me save my edits.

18. kidbourbon

Who shoots themself in the chest to off themselves?

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Romanowski is also a pill popping, steroid shooting psychopath. It's hard to take too much serious from him

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I know right?