Just Another Reason For Me To Admire Gregg Popovich.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hatvol96, Nov 30, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

He cares only about putting his team in a position to win a championship. If Napoleon Stern hits the Spurs with any penalties, he should be immediately removed from office.

2. Voldeathpunch84

Voldeathpunch84 New Member

I think Stern is just trying to show everybody how big his stick is by saying there will be sanctions. Don't care for the Spurs but that move on Stern's part would be stupid.

3. hatvol96

Is Stern just noticing this practice? Pop's been doing it for three years.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Agree. Stern's comments were out of line

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

one mention by pop of player safety and stern has less than zero leg to stand on.

6. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Stern might have an argument had the game not been competitive. My roommate is a Miami native and we watched the game. The Spurs put on a quality display and could have easily won.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Fined $250k. Stern is a disgrace.

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Fixed $250k for coaching. Wow.

10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I haven't watched an NBA game in years, but when I did, San Antonio was my favorite team, and I actually flipped on a bit of this one last night after I heard what was going on. Massive respect for Popovich, and the fine is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a day filled with Gruden rumors from all corners. If San Antonio got fined for not fielding a competitive team, I'm waiting for Miami's fine for fielding a team that played toe-to-toe with a non-competitive team. Also waiting to see where there's a rule against resting your starters.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Does this decision by Stern mean that every high profile player shall play in every single game if healthy?

12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Can they be held out with flu-like symptoms, or do they need a doctor's note?

13. Voldeathpunch84

Voldeathpunch84 New Member

All teams do this. He literally has no leg to stand on. Granted it's usually late in the season but no excuse to fine them 250K for that.

14. hatvol96

Pop and Peter Holt should call his bluff and say they flat aren't paying it.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Any chance these seven kinds of hell when teams rest players at the end of the season?

With all of the stupidity in professional sports today, this decision absolutely blows my mind.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Jalen Rose's defense of the fine was completely retarded.

17. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

I wish the Spurs had won the game. Then what?

18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

This fine is senseless, and would seem to set an awfully tricky precedent for the NBA to uphold in the future.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I am suing [ddiapos] immediately if this lawsuit wins.