Kahlil McKenzie / FeelsLike98 Interview

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Hoss Diesel, Jul 15, 2014.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Once Ainge told his story, it became pretty hard to believe he was the only one.

2. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

That shit hole is a cesspool.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I do not go there. Having interviews with recruits will not be sufficient enough to make me want to do so.

4. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Kevin Scott did not buy him a tv.

5. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Never been. Don't plan on going. Nothing personal.

6. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Touchdown!

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

But he did buy that girl sushi

8. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I don't understand this reference.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

1. I don't have any idea as to what the "TV" and "sushi" references are intended to allude to.

2. While Khalil McKenzie is absolutely a 5* recruit for the University of Tennessee, and FL98 is a fan site predicated on the same - ultimately, its still a person (Khalil) agreeing to do an interview for a site (FL98). I don't see how his doing so could be seen as being anything other than perfectly legal.

3. If we are to raise the question as to whether such is permissible per 'AA bylaws - and I do think its a fair one - then the conversation has to necessarily expand well beyond FL98, and to include the likes of Scout, 24/7, Rivals, Hubbs, Hyams, SportsTalk, TSR, Basilio, ESPN, Yahoo Sports, etc. etc. etc. However uncomfortable of a truth as it may be for most fans, particularly as it relates to their insatiable appetite for interviews and news on this team / players / recruits, the reality is that these other sites are doing the exact same thing that some now want to villify FL98 for having done, but on a much larger - and ostensibly, on a much more profitable scale. While not trying to single any one person out, I have always wondered how the 'AA doesn't take great exception to Hubbs' contacting these recruits, given that he is a graduate of UT, works for the Vol Network, and owns a fan site called "VolQuest" - as any one of which seem likely to classify him as a booster, and if so, would render any of such contact as being impermissible. Simply, I don't draw the same "bright-line" delineation between FL98 interviewing Khalil, and Hubbs doing the same, or SportsTalk, or whomever else. If it's truly a problem, then its a problem for everyone, and without exception. But it is a very good, and entirely fair question to ask - and not just for some, but all.

4. Now, if the question is "Was it a good idea for Khalil to do an interview with FL98?", I don't think we can answer that, especially in hindsight, because he clearly didn't believe it was a problem, and agreed to do it.

5. If the question is, "Is it a good idea for athletes to do these types of interviews for non-traditional media outlets, in general?" I can't be sure, but then again, neither can I draw any distinct threat of harm that could come from it. So, I'm not sure....but it sounds like a lot of "slippery slope" to me, at some point.

6. Would the 8th seek to do an interview with a prospective student-athlete, however well-intentioned and even with the belief that such was likely within the rules? No. Personally, I would fear that it could too easily blur the line between our role as fans, and their role as players and/ or recruits. But admittedly, I'm more sensitive to those sort of concerns, than most. Would I seek to interview an active player? No. A former player? Probably. A coach? Probably. But those are my inclinations, here, on this site, and which I am but one of many voices who would speak into any of those decisions.

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Can I have my own podcast where coaches come in and we talk defense? We could call it "Getting All Defensive". I'm sure Huffman would be my Ed McMahon. 53 could have his own show on offense.

11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Kid would be a regular.

12. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Great idea.

He could have his own podcast called "Fuzzy Balls".

13. Tenacious D

You'd definitely need a third host, and most preferably, one who actually knew something about coaching football.

Absent any actual football knowledge, you'd essentially be left with those sadists who wished to listen to three people babbling imbecilic nonsense - and SportsTalk already has a stranglehold on that format, and would beat you on experience, alone.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Ouch.

15. Tenacious D

I prefer "Clay Travis For the Thinking Man (Sorta)"

16. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

i'm calling dibs on the show that deals exclusively with the topic of fielding punts. just to clarify this isn't a show about special teams, just about fielding punts. it's what real fans want to talk about and we're gonna need a couple of hours each day.

17. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I Volunteer.

18. Tenacious D

We're not talking about "life", OV.

But if we were, you're damned right you do.

19. Tenacious D

You can't discuss any aspect of the kicking game without sending Indy into a PTSD-induced hysteria.

So, scratch him from your guest list.

20. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

sorry, i highlighted his name before i read this last sentence.

i'm gonna bait him by saying we want to talk to him about abolishing P.A.T.'s.