Kiffin not the coach for USC's future

Discussion in 'Sports' started by nashvillevol, Nov 20, 2012.

1. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would laugh if he got fired, but USC would be making a mistake

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Crazy talk. Kiffin is their best hope of getting through the effects of probation and coming out on top. He has to grow into the role a little, but he's solid.

4. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Ditto

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

He needs to be an OC in the NFL and be done with the nonsense he hates about college football.

6. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

This.

With the restrictions on the horizon, it would be a big mistake. They had to settle on Kiffin because of the possible sanctions, what do they think they're going to get now.

7. britt1974

britt1974 New Member

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Only sportswriters have a problem with this.

Was he guilty or is the author just going to imply it?

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i think the barkley injury bailed him out. if he lost to ND he'd be in deep trouble, but now he has an excuse.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agree on both counts. Why is it so hard to believe a student manager would do it on his own initiative? It is totally possible.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

He has more than one, although I am sure he wouldn't make them. USC was apparently over-rated going into this season. And the Pac 12 was tougher than many expected. Couple that with injuries, and you have a recipe for a disappointing season by USC's standards. That being said, they better get used to it.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's possible, but it seemed oh too kiffin to me. he loves doing stupid stuff that has no real effect on the outcome of the game.

13. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I don't see why people are so quick to defend him for every silly, non-sensical thing he does? He's a borderline weirdo.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Don't really need to defend him, but if a coach makes a rule about injury questions and you break it... do you really have a right to be pissed when he punishes you?

The two items I posted just seemed like needless criticism from a guy pissed off that Kiffin doesn't cater to the press.

15. possumslayer

possumslayer Roadkill Guru

I'm not understanding all the kiffin love.......

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Seriously? I have no doubt Kiffin was behind it but it's irrelevant.

17. possumslayer

possumslayer Roadkill Guru

if kiffin had stayed at Tennessee ,we would more than likely have 10 win season and a bowl ban.

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If he had done the same things here the last three years that he has done at USC, we would be giving him 2013 ultimatums.

19. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

I despise the type of coach Kiffin is, so I am not going to praise him in any light.

He deserves any negative press or sanctions/restrictions he gets, JMO.

GBO.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I think he's a pretty good football coach, but it's hard to know how good because of the circumstances he's coached under. He's most definitely a polarizing guy though, and guys are gonna write stuff like this about him probably even during better seasons.