Kiffin

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Jan 18, 2021.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Rucker was still trying to figure out why all this was happening at 3:08 pm

justingroves likes this.
  2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He would absolutely WALK here.

So much so, he isn’t using Sexton. He’s flat out calling big money folks personally.

Memtownvol, TDVol1989, gcbvol and 5 others like this.
  3. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

So he’s really out?? No heavy or Krispy Kreme jokes, crap I can’t help it

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don’t have any rings, but I’ll give him my robe and kill a calf, if he comes back home.

would be a great redemption story

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Time heals and he knows he didnt act appropriately, ethically or with integrity the first time. Id take him back, whereas in the immediate years after, I wouldnt have.
    Zero chance though.

6. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Works for me. Frankly if not for Gus ruining a good thing I was riding out to retirement where I was. I can handle this dumpster fire until we get a head coach in here but I ain’t trying to make this a longer term thing. I like Lane just fine. Frankly, with his offense we can put a pretty good product out there day 1. Just gotta keep all these kids out of this damn portal.

7. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

I miss Saturday’s

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

8M a year gets Bob Stoops. I'm not paying that for Kiffin.

9. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

That works too. The more the day has gone on, the less faith I have that we will hire anybody worth a bent penny either way.

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Until we get an AD it will be hard to tell who we will hire. That is our first hurdle.

11. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

My honest feeling is that Steele ends up with the permanent gig, steadies the ship and we wait until the dust settles in a year or two... once the ‘AA decides our punishment. After that, we’ll have a (hopefully) much better idea of who Tennessee can realistically expect to be able to hire for the long haul. I don’t see Steele as being a guy who wants to hand around long term anyway.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

But does it?

13. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

You’re damn right. I’m ready to move to my beach house and fish. The quicker we turn this around and I can hand the keys to a new head coach the better. While I’m here though I promise you won’t see any of the incompetent trash of the past 11 years. The cupboard may be bare but it ain’t that bare. We’re done losing to Missouri, Kentucky, Vanderbilt and South Carolina I can tell you that much.

14. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I doubt Stoops would come.

I say give Kiffin 5 or 6 and a good amount for assistants and let's ride.

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yes

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I’d rather have Kiffin than Stoops.

I also don’t see Stoops taking the job because if he’s successful, it probably gets his brother fired in the process.

SeabeeVol, TDVol1989 and VolDad like this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I would have to see it to believe it.

Memtownvol and TennTradition like this.
  18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I don't doubt it at all.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

UT would have to make the call and actually pony up that kind of money. If they did you would see it.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Steele averages .25 conference wins per year as a head coach. He ain't steadying shit.