Kiffin

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Jan 18, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

doesn't get steadier than a flatline

SetVol13 and utvol0427 like this.
  2. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

If he’s honestly that fired up for it and we don’t do it, we don’t deserve to ever win again.

Memtownvol and TDVol1989 like this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

ahem.

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  4. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

It really is a no brainer

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If the Haslams want revenge, who better to hire than Kiffin?

6. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Look buddy I get it, it’s a shit record. But I’ve got a pretty good resume to suggest a baseline competency that will serve well in putting out this fire. I know nobody thinks I’m the answer. Shit I don’t think I’m the answer. But I’ll bring it back to functional for the first time in a long damn time.

gcbvol and emainvol like this.
  7. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

And a fat buyout on his end, skinny on ours. So 15mil if he leaves, 3mil if fired.

Memtownvol likes this.
  8. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

Kiffin is probably the only realistic hire that would truly get me excited about Tennessee football again. And I am sure that is true for a lot of others.

That means he doesn't stand a chance in hell of being hired.

Volsdude likes this.
  9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’d be pleased if we hired Kiffin.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

So long as he doesn't hang bammer shit up in the complex.

11. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I wouldn't give a damn if he hung up FAU shit in the complex if he was the Head Coach again. I know we'd be fun to watch. To me Kiffin has always come across as a modern day version of Spurrier to a degree. The kind of guy that don't take everything so damn serious. Someone else mentioned that link somewhere - maybe on here - and I thought it actually was a very astute observation. I want a guy like Kiffin who makes all of the other coaches in the conference have headaches because he's a pain in the ass but most importantly because his teams can also beat your ass on any given Saturday.

Memtownvol and awebb7 like this.
  12. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

At least I would know that we walk into any game with a chance to win.

Memtownvol, A-Smith and justingroves like this.
  13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He is a modern day Spurrier

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS and Memtownvol like this.
  14. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

I thought this was a non spoken agreement, you told everyone!!! Shhhhhhh!!

justingroves likes this.
  15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I get it with the attitude and all but he needs to win something first

16. tn_longrifles

tn_longrifles Member

Well I havent read the half of it so if about this idea SIAP.

I looked at the salaries in an article a while back and Pruitt was 38th. Now he did not really deserve more BUT IMHO if you hire a guy at UT with a low salary and he has to "prove" himself to get more then you have hired the WRONG guy. I keep hearing on radio that no one big will come to UT. I say if the price is right we can get whoever we want.

Saban was failing in the NFL yet he kept saying no to bama until the terms were right and he got on that plane.

I know we are not likely to hire the next Saban don't get distracted from the point.

I think Steele should be the guy for a year and then when stable open it up. Let the interested coaches write their own contracts so when you pick the best guy he cant say no.

Oh and I doubt Kiffin makes the cut under my scenario.

[edited] ranking was wrong

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  17. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

unfortunately, i think as soon as it hit the press that we were seriously entertaining kiffin, we'd see a fallout similar to what we saw with schiano.

i agree with the whole 'would be excited to watch vol fb again' sentiment, and knowing we'd have a chance going into any and every game, and even 'modern day spurrier'... no argument from me on any of that. i just think the fanbase would have a complete meltdown and the new AD would be fighting to keep his job...

...and that's how it would be even if we had gone 0-12 for three years straight. i don't think anybody is willing to give him another chance here under any conditions whatsoever.

...because we're stupid and shit.

18. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

and right on cue from the other board, i give you exhibit 1:

19. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Tango, I have to disagree here... I clearly remember a groundswell of support across several social media platforms for re-hiring Kiffin. I didn’t see much of any pushback except from old timers and Fulmer leg humpers.

warhammer likes this.
  20. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

For every one of those, I could probably dig up 100 “bring Lane home!!” messages.