Kingston Harris (diamond in the rough) commits

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by A-Smith, Dec 18, 2017.

1. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Then the kid with a 5* rating was dominating other future D1 competition at camps. Why would I take someone who is just okay against good players over someone who dominates them?

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Drew Richmond didn't get a 5* rating if they were including competition as a factor. He more than likely got a 5* rating because he was bigger than everybody else and mauled smaller and less athletic kids on the field. Which circles back around to what I said about a lesser rated player playing at IMG.

3. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

How do you know? Riley Locklear was 6-5 290 playing against West Virginia kids. Austin Sanders was 6-5 295 in Cleveland, TN. Why were they both 3*s? McCullers was listed at 6-6 390. All were presumably mauling smaller kids. None highly rated.

More likely is that Richmond showed plenty of talent and was just a bust, which happens all the time.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Also need to remember that the guy teaching our OL for most of their careers is now a coach at some school I’d literally never heard of and his successor was also a career loser.

IP and justingroves like this.
  5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

He’s a big kid that if he doesn’t work out on defense. You move to guard for depth.

Doesn’t seem that risky to me.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

He seems like a gap filler as a 4-3 DT. Could work out in a 3-4 as an end if he can move and has any athletic ability.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, I don't get the angst. Not like we don't have room for a few fliers.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Especially if it opens doors to the single most talent rich school in the country