Lady Vols Softball

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by CardinalVol, May 20, 2012.

1. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

We take 2/3 off of Bama and continue the AD-wide trend of beating them. 8-1 in SEC now, best start in school history.

justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  2. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I turned the game off when Florida took a 9-3 lead. They came all the way back and won 11-10. This is the best team of the post Monica Abbott era.

VolDad likes this.
  3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Thank you Danny White.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

SEC champs.

IP, NorrisAlan and Poppa T like this.
  5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Props to the ladies for getting it done.

6. CardinalVol

Latest I saw they were the projected overall #3.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

So much chest thumping by other teams on twitter in this tournament. Oh well.

8. CardinalVol

Gotshall with a no no in the opening ncaa game.

SetVol13 likes this.
  9. CardinalVol

One down, one to go.

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

If only Oklahoma Softball wasn't currently in the midst of a 1970s UCLA Basketball run of invincibility I'd say the Lady Vols could win the whole damn thing. This era of OU softball is a force of nature within that softball universe. Gonna be tough for our girls to overtake a team consisting of female versions of David Ortiz.

EDIT: one of the more crushing UT athletic defeats (sadly of which there were many nut crushing UT athletic defeats circa 2012-2016ish) during my UT undergrad era was when we blew a 3 run lead to OU softball in the last inning of Game 1 in the Natty series in like 2013/2014ish. All of us in my Fort House actually became emotionally distraught and pissed off watching that choke. I hadn't felt that type of way over the outcome of a women's sporting event since I was young kid upset at the outcome of many of those Pat& Geno final fours/natty bouts in the late 90s/early 2000s

Last edited: May 26, 2023
    Tar Volon likes this.
  11. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Was the 12th inning. 0-0 the whole time, finally put three on the board, and then give up five in the bottom half. They are a machine.

12. Tar Volon

Alright I’m a filthy casual but I had no idea Lawyer Malloy’s kid (1) played for Tennessee, and (2) was a total baller

13. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Oh we were all were jumping up and down/hollering like joyous rednecks as if we just scored a late 4th quarter go-ahead TD vs Alabama when our girl hit that 3 run bomb in the top half of the extra inning. That felt like an insurmountable lead for OU to overcome with how the game was going at that point. Was a very fun memory for about 15 minutes until the epic collapse in the bottom half of the inning painfully unfolded.

justingroves likes this.
  14. CardinalVol

tu’s coach looks like a grandad who had to take over the team because no one else had ever played baseball or softball and had no clue what to do. Doesn’t really want to do it but has to.

15. Tar Volon

I hope we don’t regret getting our first three baserunners on with no runs in the third, but pitching is looking dominant right now.

16. Tar Volon

Feel like the constant attempts to take one extra base have hurt us more than helped us this series, but that one was huge.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

What an implosion.

18. Tar Volon

Yeah that’s it.

19. CardinalVol

Rough half inning for right fielder.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

vol Twitter not knowing the difference between a single & error and inside the park HR