Lane Kiffin Trolling Tennessee

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kidbourbon, Aug 2, 2016.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Because a few guys choose other great programs? I think that's a tad drastic. Look at the in state talent he's pulled the last 3 years, he's done a great job there.

Even if he misses out on them on NSD, it's not concerning to me because of the previous classes.

2. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

It's not just a few guys for me, it's that I don't think it's difficult to see that our recruiting bubble has deflated a good bit. If this team reaches its potential I do think Butch may be able to keep it rolling. But we all know the odds that a Butch led team reaching its potential is nearly impossible.

3. GahLee

What big time in state prospects has he missed out on the last 3 years? Contrast that to the big time in state talent that he's pulled in. It's not close.

Can't expect to lock them all up, how do you think UGA feels every single year?

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

there does seem to be some concern that the local coaches have caught onto him being full of shit though.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Van Jefferson and Rico McGraw. He didn't even attempt to recruit Jackson Harris. He's missed out on Tee Higgins, Bryce Matthews, Gabe Angel and Emmitt Gooden this year.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pretty good because they sign the majority of their class in state

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

And he's going to miss on two more of the top 5.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Those guys already signed LOIs?

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Van Jefferson did, to Ole Miss. Jackson Harris and Rico McGraw did, to Georgia

10. GahLee

Lucky them, they also have lost an insane amount of local talent to everyone.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The number one player in their state would have walked to Knoxville to play for pretty much any other coach. Might have even come play for Butch if he'd have hired a real OC rather than his great grandfather's poker buddy b

12. RockyHill

They can afford to more than we can.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They have more in state four stars than scholarships available. The state of Tennessee does not

14. RockyHill

Exactly.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I think that's lost on a lot of people.

The problem is that it's now the offensive position that is the difference in winning and losing.

Hope Guarantano is the guy.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hell, Butch has a GA doing the majority of the qb coaching

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Guarantano has to be Deshaun Watson to overcome coaching

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

meh. decision making is a natural thing. Accuracy and timing gifted and enhanced with practice. In this offense, it's really about him being both a solid passer and valid run threat. If he isn't a legit run threat, we're back to the stupidest run game in the history of football.

19. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Lol it could be a turning point with a competent HC but it's just going to further cement us in the cellar.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No, it's a turning point either way. Butch wins big and is awarded a huge contract or Butch flops and everyone knows he sucks