Leaked Uniforms

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by DC Vol, Jun 30, 2015.

1. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

What would make it better. Put a rebel flag on the shoulder?

2. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

instead of the black and grey just make it all grey

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

still trying to figure out what the heck y'all are talking about. Can you give me a hint? Which uniform?

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

[​IMG]

5. Tar Volon

Gotcha. This is the first time I've seen that picture. It hasn't been posted in any of the picture articles I've read. And I agree with your analysis.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

I stole it from @Vol_Hoops on twitter

7. Tar Volon

Right. I was just following @Vol_Photos, and they were only posting a selection, not everything.

8. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Makes the word Vols pop out more but first impression is not overwhelming

9. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

personally I'd rather have all black uni's, if not that then all grey, but don't put the two together. looks like something a kid could come up with

10. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Don't know why, but I giggled...

[​IMG]

11. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Not a fan of the gray.

12. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

That is the only uniform where I liked Adidas' rendition better. The white piping made the orange really pop. With these... the orange just looks muddied.

Love the helmet, though.

13. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Apparently we are a Nike elite school so we can have a special one game jersey.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

yassssss

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's what kept Tennessee from being a Nike school earlier

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

They really did an excellent job across the board. They just look more polished.

17. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

The only thing I didn't really care for is the checkerboard stripe on the back of the helmet. Just keep that a straight stripe across and I'm cool with everything. Definitely like the gray helmet if they're gonna do a gray jersey.

18. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I like them more every time I see them. Glad they went subtle with the checkerboard.

Wished the smokey grey's were one solid color, but they still look pretty good.

19. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

It's a great decision from a marketing standpoint.

UT doesn't own orange. Clemson, Syracuse, Oregon State, Texas all have orange as primary with Auburn, Florida, etc all having orange also in their uniforms. It's not red or blue, but it's not incredibly unique.

UT doesn't own the interlocking U and T or the T alone. Texas is to thank for this one.

Our Orange/White checkerboard is how we as an institution really stand out. That is our identity, I believe. It is unmistakably Tennessee and is a huge reason why Neyland is Neyland. Nike did a great job understanding Tennessee and incorporating what makes Tennessee stand out in a way that isn't at the forefront but is noticeable enough to matter.

Also... who are the other "elite schools"?

20. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

This jersey is GOAT

[​IMG]