Lebron James = Emotional Midget with No Heart

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Tenacious D, Feb 27, 2012.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Without Lebron the Heat still have Wade and Bosh, name one Cav in that league

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Nobody is saying there is. However, there's clearly an enormous difference between a team with LeBron and a team without LeBron. The Heat wouldn't get a lottery pick without him, but they wouldn't be winning anything, either.

edit: Maybe they could make a run because the East is weak. They wouldn't be competing in the West.

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Are the Heat a contender for the title without Lebron? Doubtful, depending on who replaces him, are they bad? Not by a long stretch

4. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Agree.

5. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I don't think anyone is saying they would be bad. We're saying that it's ridiculous to assert that they're basically the East all-stars and that this streak isn't amazing.

6. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I don't think anyone seriously asserted either one of those things.

7. Exactly. I never said the streak wasn't impressive, but I did say it wasn't surprising. Given the overwhelming amount of talent on their roster as compared to their competition, I'm shocked that it took them 2 1/2 years to put a streak like this together.

8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

In any case, it's silly to say he has vastly more talent around him than any other team, unless you're counting him as part of the talent 'around' him.

9. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Right. Just a Hall of Famer in Wade, a perennial all-star in Bosh, and the greatest 3 point shooter ever along with a host of other solid guys. Lots of teams have that.

10. It's a lost cause dude. Some people are never going to admit that they are anything more than just another great NBA team. They certainly aren't the result of LeBron, Wade and Bosh colluding to create a super-team. LOL.

As a side note, good riddance to the streak. I won't be surprised at all if they get more streaks in the 20's in the coming years. They're just too good for it not to happen.

11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Lots of other teams may not have a 37 year old Ray Allen, but there are multiple teams that could handle this roster sans LeBron.

12. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

Lebron is an illuminati puppet.

13. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Presently: 56-15

Without Bron: 39-32

They'd be a smidgeon better than the Lakers, in other words.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Please tell me more

15. kidbourbon

Wade is still a top 10 player, but you should have probably stopped there. Bosh is a top 30 player and no more. Ray Allen is 6 years past his prime. And the host of other guys are roster fillers and nothing more.

Lebron James is the engine on that train.

16. kidbourbon

Are you bitter or something?

17. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Ray Allen plays the same as he's played the last 3 or 4 years. No real difference. He's a spot shooter and a damn good one. Bosh is top 5 at his position, as is Wade. The roster is very, very solid. And, that's not a knock on Bron. He's the man on that team. No question about it. I agree with you on that. But, I think he's got a hell of a supporting cast.

18. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Not what I was saying.

19. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Because teams put together win streaks in the 20's all the time.

20. kidbourbon

1) He's 147 years old

2) Not true. Not even close to being true. What position are you putting him at? I'll let you choose. Either way, he ain't top 5.