Lebron James = Emotional Midget with No Heart

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Tenacious D, Feb 27, 2012.

1. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Who said anything about SportsCenter highlights?

Point is, the casual viewer can pick up on who's elite and who isn't. I don't need to analyze Bobcats tape in slowmo to know that they suck....only takes about 5 minutes to come to that conclusion.

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I won't argue that Paul is better than Rose, I know who I would rather hae on my team and that is Paul every day of the week. Light years may have been a bit much but he is better than Kobe on defense and that isn't a dig at Kobe's defense.

Howard makes that team, without him they will be in contention for the top pick in the draft. I still can't understand why he hasn't been traded, Orlando [uck fay]ed up by letting Shaq go, they are about to make the same [uck fay]ing mistake with Howard.

3. GahLee

Comparing how awful the Bobcats are to a best player debate is not even the same ballpark, sure you can watch 5 minutes of a Bobcats game and know they suck cause they're getting beat by 15 in the first quarter.

It's no a matter of who is elite and who isn't, it's who is better of the elite. Which is something that can't be picked up by watching a couple games a year.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

maybe this will clear it up:

read.

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Nevertheless, you don't need to watch the NBA nightly in order to chime in on the best player debate. Certainly don't need to watch it nightly in order to understand that LeBron has a penchant for morphing into a giant vag late in the 4th quarter.

6. GahLee

I've watched a handful of Nascar races in my lifetime, so I probably know as much as anyone about stock car racing.

7. GahLee

Again, you're right about nightly basis but you can't watch Kobe play twice a year and Wade play twice a year and make a reasonable case as to knowing who is better off of those games alone.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Dude, read the damn post. I. have. watched. Wade. and. Kobe. multiple. times. not a handful. not a few. not 3 or 4. multiple. as in i have watched each of them play quite a bit.

9. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

He's better than either one of them. Probably shouldn't have been the MVP but considering his age, if we redrafted the entire league right now he'd have a great shot at being the #1 pick.

10. GahLee

You also said you hardly ever watch the NBA, so which is it?

I don't care how much you watch, it's obvious you don't know shit from apple butter. Wade is such a far superior defenseive player that it makes the conversation null and void.

Kobe is looked at as being a great player still cause he leads the league in scoring, yet he ranks 57th in FG% and 45th in PPS ( points per shot ) tied wih the great Lou Williams in PPS.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  11. GahLee

Would depend on what direction the GM would want to go in.

James, Howard, Durant could all be considered with a top pick in a redraft.

12. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

reading clearly isn't a brightspot for the LBJ fans Indy. I mean I've said several times that BronBron is the most gifted and talented player. I'd even say he's more gifted than MJ. But when I'm making my team, I take Kobe first. Just because Kobe isn't a flashy PG doesn't mean I can't pick one up in like round 4 of my draft that can get him the open looks and get him the space he needs to create. MJ had a ton of tools but used his help efficiently to make him and his team better. Kobe works the same way. Then they both take over when it matters. Lebron doesn't. He takes over in the third and early fourth then fades away. I don't want that type of player to be my superstar and it's something that won't show up on the stat sheet. You don't have to watch every night to see it either.

13. NashVol11

No one in their right mind would take Kevin Durant over Derrick Rose.

14. NashVol11

Kobe isn't really doing anything "efficiently" this year. Not the same guy from like 2007.

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I never watched Bill Russel, Wilt Chamberlin, Pete Maravich or Dr. J on a nightly basis, hence, they all suck - especially when compared to LeBron.

16. GahLee

Clutch-The last 5 minutes of a game with the score within 5 points, as defined by NBA.com

This year Kobe is shooting a blistering 28% on FG and 20% on 3PFG, his FT % also drops 12%, from 83% to 71% in the clutch. He becomes a slightly better rebounder and passer in the clutch.

LeBron is shooting 40% on FG and 20% on 3PFG, his FT% also drops to 71%, down from 77%. his rebounding and passing reach an astronomical level in the clutch.

Now this is just one year and Kobe certainly has the reputation of being a great clutch player because he has hit some game winners at the buzzer and that is what people remember, that is natural.

17. NashVol11

And everyone knows you're saying that LeBron is more "gifted," we're just saying that he's also straight up better right now and it's not even that close.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

difference being everyone knows the ball is going to kobe, while everyone knows the ball is going to wade for lebron.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yes he's playing better. that still doesn't mean jack shit for championships. by this theory karl malone is a top-5 all time nba player.

20. GahLee

It would make it very to difficult to compare them wouldn't you say? All you have to go by is what others say and stats.

Fortunately for us, we have the chance to see these guys play on a nightly basis, thus able to compare them with what we see on our TV's and we we see in the stat lines.

I'm not saying that LeBron is better than Kobe career wise, championships mean so much when doing that, when one guy has five and the other has zero it really makes it hard to compare.

But right now, anyone who thinks Kobe is a better player than LeBron is dead wrong.