Lets hear everyone's predictions

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by zehr27, Feb 3, 2013.

Tags:
  1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Since NSD is right around the corner lets see how everyone thinks this class will end up. My list is bellow.

Bell
    Dobbs
    Miller
    1 of Grayson, Kemp or Turner (Gut says Turner)
    Brown
    Levenberry (NSD surprise)

2. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

I am going with all you mentioned except at RB. I am hoping we have Ford there. Doubt 11Berry based on his liking the FSU weather along with Fisher. Hope there is a surprise like Boyd and/or Trey Johnson.

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Almost identical to yours, but we get Ford instead of the three with one good surprise.

4. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Surprise as in you know something or just a guess?

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Bell
    Dobbs
    Miller
    Levenberry
    Ford

6. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

This.

7. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Not enough DTs and OTs

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

You don't feel good about Brown? I have heard he is definitely leaning towards us.

9. Montrell

Montrell New Member

He probably is but I am just not high on him or Miller as prospects. They are low tier SEC type talents. I guess with the desperate need on the DL though at some point you just need bodies.

I see them finishing this class with Miller, Dobbs and Brown.

I think Bell's brother is going to get his wishes and convince Vonn to go to O$U. Ford is all Auburn, like Bell outside pressure will prevail. Levenberry is FSU all the way. Like I said with Lawson, if he didn't flip within a week of his OV to Tennessee it wouldn't happen. If EJ was going to be a Vol he would have flipped by now.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Downer dude.

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

It just seems like there is always a surprise in the last few days, so just a guess.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Farrell and others are now saying Bell is back to OSU. Buckle up

13. Montrell

Montrell New Member

It all gets back to the fact that Tennessee is just not dirty enough when it comes to recruiting, that and the fact that they really dont have any elite recruiters on their staff. Jones is a very personable and likeable guy and he should be easy to recruit for. He has a resume of past success as well. But they just dont have the horses on this staff IMO.

Auburn has mastered both how to cheat and assemble elite recruiters (Garner, Harbison, Craig, etc..)and it looks like the new Ole Miss staff has as well. Again in this league it pays to cheat and deny deny deny. You will come out better for it. It's really the only way now in this day and age for over half of the SEC schools to have any chance of being competitive.

You obviously have schools like UF, LSU, Georgia, A&M, and Bama now (They really are at the point now where they dont have to cheat), who have incredibly built in advantages and dont have to cheat. But with all the other schools in this league you better figure out that the game is dirty and how to play it dirty or you just have no chance. Kiffin obviously understood that and had a lot of success recruiting in his time here but its obvious Dooley and IMO Jones dont understand what it takes/took to be able to get elite talent in this league.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

that is an utter disaster

15. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

That would be a great start for BJ

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't know how much of a priority he is for the coaches.

17. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I agree about being dirty. It wasn't that long ago Auburn was in the middle of the grade changing thing with Jovon Robinson out of Memphis and the NCAA does nothing about it. I would have felt a lot more comfortable with Jones had he brought in Randy Shannon and Tee Martin and Tennessee might have gotten most of those guys they came close on.

18. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Yep

And yep.

I'm on record saying that there's not much Butch Jones can do in this year's recruiting that would lower my opinion of him, given what he walked into, but there's on scenario here where he shows himself a legit SEC recruiter and another in which we go into the summer wondering whether the failure of the class was Jones' fault or Dooley's.

19. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

This class will not lower my opinion of Butch. I am still in the wait and see mode but but depending on how he does in the next two days he can certainly improve my opinion of him.

20. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

That's where I am, which I may or may not have elucidated clearly. Wait and see mode is a nervous place full of second-guessing. Butch has the chance to give us some confidence, at least in the recruiting part of the job. Or he can send us into a summer of wait and see. Which wouldn't be any worse where we were when he was hired, but would still suck.