Lets hear everyone's predictions

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by zehr27, Feb 3, 2013.

Tags:
  1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

NCAA has a near term problem with repercussions from the clearly biased way in which it goes about enforcing the rules, so teams will probably see much more room to maneuver over the next couple of years. Emmert effectively neutered the place with the Miami admissions and PSU overreach. He's a moralizing douchebag and an idiot.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The stuff we know that Kiffin did didn't bother me that much, though he was extremely clumsy in the way he went about it. But to out and out pay players or order coeds to have sex with them --I'd rather lose.

3. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Bell
    Dobbs
    Miller
    Brown
    Levenberry

Outside chance at Trey Johnson

4. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I just want to be on a level playing field and if that means cheating than so be it. I'm sure UT bends a few rules too it's just that some places are obviously better at it. The playing field will never be completely level like a salary capped pro league, we can't do anything about the weather disadvantage to a Florida team or the fact that several other states have better high school prospects but we can at least keep up with whatever Ole Miss and Auburn are doing.

5. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Man I hate to be negative, but it just seems we have lost the last 48hrs before signing day in the most disturbing way the last few years. I say we don't cheat, but out the cheaters. Lets play hardball the REAL way and tarnish the schools, coaches, recruits, parents of recruits, and high school coaches. Burn it down and have the fans chant "cheaters" at every event. Admit publicly to snitching and brag about it. Go public! No anonymous tips. Just straight up burn it down!

And if you suggest that we have been cheating too, then we sure do suck at it!

6. sr1080

sr1080 New Member

The whole Auburn/Carl Lawson thing smells of goat farts. He has been committed to them for a while now, but unless you are fishing for cash or something else why would you pull a Fisher, Strong, or Gundy unless you were throwing your name out there knowing you would get a raise.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Realistically, we DO cheat. Just not very well. So if we start calling out everyone else, we aren't going to come out clean either. And likely, we will attract accusations right back. That, multiplied by the number of schools we accuse, puts us on the losing end.

8. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I'd prefer they not go the Bruce Pearl/Phil Fulmer snitch route. I'm not saying UT should commit major violations but there are obviously things a team can get away with such as contact during dead periods. I'm sure UT is already doing those things but just not as well as other places. I have no idea what Ole Miss or Auburn does differently but I'm sure the UT staff has an idea and of what they can get away with. Like I said yesterday, there is no reason you let Tee Martin get away and if Randy Shannon was a position coach for TCU at the time Butch was hiring than he could have got him too. He's just a lb's coach at Arky, come on.

I think throwing Tee and Randy in with Thigpen and Graham would have been a solid recruiting staff.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Lee brought us up to 24th.

I think we will close in the 15 range.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Only if we land Bell and I am starting to worry about that.

12. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Even if we don't, which I think we will. We land Bell and top 15 is a lock.

13. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Top 15 easily, which is what I expected we did after CBJ was hired.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

VQ is abuzz with Paul Harris saying Boyd will be his roommate

15. vcoile

vcoile New Member

I hate to be negative but I think we will be disappointed after tomorrow signing one of the worst classes in Vol history. I think we might be 20-25 on Rivals and not break 30 on Scout. As far as Bell is concerned, Bosillio said his parents were buying Vol gear and his coming to UT so that mostly assures he's going to OSU. Bosillio also said John Gruden was going to be our next coach. haha.

16. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

It may not be what we wanted or needed but it will be far from one of the worst classes in Vol history. I think it will some impact players and useful pieces. Won't adequately address huge need for DTs and OLs.

17. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

08 was worst ever.

18. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Yeah I saw where the Boyd to UT stuff was still alive - said some stuff on twitter I think.

19. vcoile

vcoile New Member

Your kidding right. When was the last class where we had to beat out the likes of East Carolina and Cincinnati just to fill out our class? You can make excuses that we have a new coach and he stepped in a bad situation all day long but the bottom line is you don't win in the SEC without outstanding talent. Jones maybe the second coming of Saben but to everyone outside the Vol nation that was such an underwelming hire that the difficulty recruiting is a direct result. If I had a 5* player that had ambitions to play in the NFL I wouldn't gamble by sending him to UT. I would go with more proven coaches.Sorry but that's what I think we are seeing.

20. vcoile

vcoile New Member

With all that said I do hope I am wrong!