Limbaugh: Pope is a Marxist

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Dec 3, 2013.

Tags:
  1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Just because you don't believe it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I'll help. Start with "Causes of The Great Depression".

While I usually see things differently, I give you your due when it comes to economics. It's your field.

History is mine.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You don't seem to understand the difference between economic theory and opinions.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

There is no find. His point is pure speculation and he's using his past to now espouse political views, a la the moron from Princeton.

4. JayVols

It was one [dadgum] factor among many.

No one has said it was the only factor. Jesus, let's just make shit up so it fits our narrative why don't we.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I have never seen even a remote linkage that made any sense and don't give a crap what any historian said. Concentration of wealth could be a problem if it hindered money supply. It hasn't and doesn't.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

This is not seeing things differently. There is absolutely zero economic theory that says the Great Depression was caused by wage inequality. I've taken complete courses on the Great Depression and it was never mentioned. and I went to the most liberal school on the planet

7. JayVols

Ok.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It wasn't a factor. Surely you can explain to me why wage inequality could hurt the economy. Just a sentence or two will suffice.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It would be a problem if it was a zero sum game since poorer people spend a higher percentage of their income than the rich (of course a high savings rate is generally seen as a huge positive for the economy). Me getting a raise while my neighbor's wage stays flat doesn't hurt the economy in the slightest. Exactly the opposite really

10. JayVols

I'm going to post this every time you claim I have said something I haven't.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

You know as well as that if this were true, every lefty academic economist would spout the linkage from the rooftops and politicians would rush headlong to cram it in our throats. However, nobody seems to provide any economic mechanism by which this wage gap torpedoes economies. That's odd to me, particularly since the Great Depression has been enormously studied and chronicled.

It's class warfare from the left arguing for govt intervention or forced redistro.

12. JayVols

Took an extra ******* pill today did we?

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

It amazes me that people still flop it out there like it's true or meaningful. It's a sure fire way to sell books or get votes and little more.

14. JayVols

We'll talk tomorrow. 4:30 will come early.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

The guys that try end up slipping into trite political silliness and comparing what a CEO makes to the average line worker and calling that just a calamity. It works for inciting folks, but is still just crap.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Cool. Be safe.

17. JayVols

Will do. Looking forward to it.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Not intentionally no. But when you say something that is unequivocally false and say that not only is it true, but everyone agrees it's true I will be an *******.

Wage inequality is not bad for the economy and was not a favor in the Great Depression. There is no economic theory whatsoever or equation that suggests this. Now some economists and other people think it's bad for society, but that's a completely different argument.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Yup. We've seen middle class wages remain flat in this county while rich wages have gone up. That is where the widening wage equality comes from. If you agree with this theory you'd have to argue the economy would be better off if the rich stopped making more money since the wage gap the would be smaller. It makes no sense whatsoever and that's why people like Robert reich (who btw is a political science professor, not an economics professor) have to use the emotional arguments. Hell I want the middle class to make more money too

20. JayVols

How can you go with some believe it's bad for the economy and absolutely refute it had anything to do with the worst economic crisis in our history?

I'm not saying it in terms of class warfare at all. In my feeble mind, it just makes sense that the more money consumers have, the more they buy. But I'm probably wrong on that too.

It's ok. I took an extra pill myself.