Live Blog From Open Practice

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Vol2424, Aug 17, 2013.

Tags:
  1. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Sounds like it comes down to which one has the most potential to develop into something serviceable. From what you guys are saying it seems Dobbs or Ferguson are the best bet.

2. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I'm not solely in the Dobbs camp but I do think he or Peterman can do more right now to help us win than the other to. They can both run and stretch the field with their arms, Worley and Ferguson can't really do that.

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Bump.

4. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

He and Ferguson will both get their shots. Worley and Peterman flat cannot play.

5. hatvol96

I don't want to overreact, but that team could lose 9 games.

6. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

For those that didn't go to the game, I don't think they'll ever truly understand how BAD Worley looked tonight. It was Joey Mathews Southern Miss '00 bad.

7. hatvol96

His play tonight made Randy Sanders look like Tom Brady. Jones needs to go ahead and bite the bullet and pull the plug on him.

8. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

How do you think that would go down? Would he be forced to name a starter in one of the other 3?

9. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Do you think the sole reason for tonight was to prepare the Freshman QBs? I do.

10. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I wouldn't be overreacting by saying, "Fire Butch" if that indeed happened.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Worley really was awful. I mean he has never looked great, but tonight was the worst ever. Remember when we used to direct snap to Lucas Taylor? If you broke both of Taylor's legs, he'd be Justin Worley.

12. volsforever27

volsforever27 Member

Not going to be to hard to gameplan against the offense. I wonder how many the d will put in the box? 9? 10?

13. BigOrangeBeech

14. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

46 comin.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

"minimum of 13"

-[ddiapos]

16. Vol2424

Vol2424 Contributor

The sooner, the better. I'm not sold on any of the others, but we have nothing to lose. Worley has never looked the part, and he is going into his 3rd year, with no improvement.

Are we going to take a QB this year? I haven't had time to really follow things because of work, but it seems like we missed on everyone we wanted. Long way until signing day though.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

problem isn't ferguson and dobbs at this point i'd say, but the fact there's nobody who was already here that's worth anything. never a good situation to be needing a true frosh to be your starter.

18. BigOrangeBeech

Good one. ..
    I actually thought the same thing...

19. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

I really was shocked that Worley kept getting snaps.

20. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

Which qb can move the best, throw a screen, throw a decent 10 yard pass and just chunk one downfield then the other team brings their safeties up? If none can throw, then we better have one that can run a little.