Looks like another wasted year

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by GoVols, Sep 17, 2011.

1. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I'm not sure they are down now, and I don't think they played very well, either.

They may not be NC caliber this year, but at this point they have to be the favorites to win the east, even with a much tougher west schedule than Carolina. They are also the team I would least likely want to meet in Atlanta if I were, say, LSU or Alabama.

They are pretty damned dangerous everywhere you look, and they've got some room to improve.

2. volwindy

volwindy New Member

Exactly. The fans that care only when we win need to get lost!

3. volwindy

volwindy New Member

I think they should be favored over SC for the east as I think right now they will beat SC. SC has not proven they can stop the run. And Garcia is Garcia

4. vol_in_ar

vol_in_ar Member

beat GA, Bama, USCe, and LSU and it will be pretty good

5. volinbham

volinbham Member

Was autocorrect problem - he was asking her to dinner "time to dine". Simple mistake; he's all character.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Seems like it. I heard he pinned a love letter to her door with a butcher's knife. A hopeless romantic.

7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

All a misunderstanding. Youd a thought the cops would have caught that.

8. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

We missed a good opportunity on Saturday. I can't believe Hunter went down that way. This team is not good enough or seasoned enough to overcome that. The fact they regrouped and made it close is a great testament to Dooley and his staff. But, I believe it also says a lot about Bray. When they caught him on the sideline in the 2nd half, dude looked cold as ice and focused. He was ready to win that game and was going to take the offense along with him whether they were ready or not. I loved that.

emainvol likes this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Bray did show a lot of toughness. Dooley has been saying this team needed more scars before it could really compete for championships. They got some Saturday.

emainvol likes this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I thought the same thing.

11. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Or 30-7. That's when I really thought they might turn off, but they didn't. Hell, I was even glad to see our guys involved in a fight at the goal line.

They played the whole game, and they didn't back down. They still just don't have enough firepower.

12. vol_in_ar

vol_in_ar Member

moral victory......still a loss