LSU post game thread.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by JayVols, Oct 15, 2011.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

But I knew the d was slow and not very smart before the game

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Do you ask yourself why they're slow and not very smart? Those are my questions.

3. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Think it went just about as expected. Just too much depth, speed, talent, power, pretty much everything to overcome.

Didn't see it mentioned in this thread, but surely you guys noticed it in the chat: Where was the facemask call on that long 3rd down play where Lane came up about a yard short? Looked like the LSU defender nearly ripped his head off, but there was no call and the Vols punted it. Clearly didn't affect the final result, but would've been nice to extend that drive.

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Yeah - there was definitely a facemask there...incidental, but they're all the same these days...

5. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Oh, and Vanderbilt ran for 200+ yards against Georgia tonight. Isn't that just special.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A lot has to do with talent and some has to do with coaching. The dbs look like they are terribly coached. The dl is having to stay at home due to inexperienced/not very good lbs.

7. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Seems like every game has had one of those "Oh my God, this shit is demoralizing" moment. For me, that moment today was that long run and catch by Randle where he caught the ball in front of Teague right on the sideline and proceeded to run around Teague untouched. What the hell.

8. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Tennessee has succeeded at getting bigger. Hopefully between Peters, Crowley and McNeil we can get a whole lot faster on that side of the ball.

9. WM

WM Active Member

I am in the feeling alot better after this loss camp. The UGA loss just struck a bigger nerve with me because i thought we had a horrible gameplan.

10. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I'm actually more neutral to our defensive gameplan against UGA than most. I feel like Murray's weak spot was deep ball accuracy, and he would kill us on medium-range passes. We also know UGA could potentially kill us on the run. Loading the box with the safeties in a hybrid role for the medium-range pass wasn't crazy, IMO. We stuck with it longer than I would have expected, because Murray proved he could take advantage of it, but honestly, one less completed post pass plus better offensive execution could have easily put that game in a tied-up situation. Unfortunately for us, Murray hit more than Wilcox thought he would and Bray wasn't exactly on.