POLITICS Mail-In Voting

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, May 27, 2020.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

So we're already screwing poor people out of the right to vote?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Correct.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

[​IMG]

justingroves and hohenfelsvol like this.
  4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'm not a fan of just mailing ballots to every registered voter address. I think we should have a system that allows every register voter to request an absentee/mail-in ballot so the Secretaries of State (or whatever appropriate office) can validate the request before sending the ballot to the voter.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

What will be the recourse or consequence for failing to validate the request in a timely manner? (if you were in charge of this and could decree it, hypothetically)

6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

The law would state a cut off to postmark the request and a deadline to validate and post mark the states response (either here's your ballot or no). Failure to do so would be in violation of the law the state would be sued.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Seems reasonable to me.

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I just requested an absentee ballot for the primary run off (COVID) and general election (true absentee) in Alabama. Filled out the form with my name and information and a copy of my driver's license and mailed it it. Pretty quick and painless, just wish the request was electronic instead of snail mail so I could track its status.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

That’s what IP and the dopey liberals keep side-stepping....I’m for everyone being allowed to vote.

I’m not against absentee mail-in ballots, when and where necessary. But only as necessary.

What I am against is voter fraud, and the likely possibility of it. And that’s what mail-in ballots will do right now.

If either side would propose a plan that started with requiring a national Voter ID, so that we could be certain that only eligible voters could cast a vote, I’d get a helluva more sympathetic and likely flexible with everything else.

But right now, absent a national voter id, mail-in balloting / ballot harvesting / ballot irregularities are simply so easy and likely as to be unavoidable.

And the other thing that IP and his dopey brand of liberals can’t seem to wrap their minds around is that I don’t trust either [uck fay]ing party not to expose and exploit the mail-in ballot loopholes. I for sure think the Dems are way ahead in this game now, but if it proves successful, it won’t take the GOP long before they also and quickly follow suit.

TL;DR - I want the will of The People to be supreme, heard and certain.

zehr27 likes this.
  10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

[​IMG]

justingroves likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wasn't the big fraud scandal in recent times in NC, with a GOP primary?

I'm not for fraud, I think everyone's vote should count equally.

12. Tenacious D

I can’t even agree with you, here, because this is a sneakily crafty step toward agreeing to decide national elections by popular vote - and which I’ll never, ever, ever support.

I take that back - I’ll support the popular vote when all major college / pro leagues start crowning champions by total points scored or margin of victory, instead of winning and losing individual games, because that’s what a move to the straight popular vote would essentially be.

13. Tenacious D

I’m sincerely against voter fraud. All voter fraud. All the time.

zehr27 likes this.
  14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Uh, no, it wouldn't. Your schedule places you against 12 different teams. Popular vote is the same two candidates.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Lets just have 2 presidents. Each president gets to be in charge of the states that they win on the popular vote.