Marcus Lattimore Retiring?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by smokysbark, Nov 3, 2014.

Tags:
  1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Why I am not sure I could be a cop or a firefighter. In this age of meth, I am afraid I would snap and must start killing people.

2. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I couldn't handle it mentally. I couldn't stand to be with a person while they died and have to do that over and over. And children ... I can't deal with hurt children.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

My last call was a drunk driver that was uninjured that killed a great-grandmother, grandfather and a six month old. I sometimes still see the scene when I lay down and close my eyes at night.

4. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

That's just terrible ... horrible. I don't think, no, I know I'm not strong enough to deal with that on a continual basis. I applaud those who take that responsibility.

5. JayVols

I couldn't take it anymore. If it were just fighting fires, I'd probably never left.

6. JayVols

That is the reason I can't see DUI as a victimless crime, too.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Anyone that claims or even thinks DUI is a victimless crime is beyond idiotic. Who would say such a thing?

8. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

My friend worked a scene halloween night where a drunk driver struck two women and two children trick or treating. One child died at the scene and the other three were in various critical states. He said it was beyond difficult to deal with.

9. JayVols

Been discussed here several times.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

if it was said it was for people blowing slightly over the limit. not shitfaced dipshits who kill people.

11. JayVols

The context I took it to be was that if they hadn't wrecked there's no crime. I could be mistaken.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This.

13. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Sweet story. Tell more.

14. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

It's not a paternal crime (i.e. like not wearing a seatbelt) but it can be victimless. You knew this, though.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm assuming sarcasm.

16. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

The University of South Carolina should do everything they possibly can to help this kid out, imo. He gave both of his knees for that school. On top of that, he's a class act. By far one of my favorite Gamecocks.

17. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

One of my favorite athletes regardless of school affiliation. I have no doubt he'll be welcomed back.

18. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

I love, love, love the way he carries himself and the way he has represented the university.

I was at the game when his latest injury happened. The way the UT players responded was beyond classy. IIRC, was Eric Gordon not like crying on the field? I seem to remember him apologizing over and over to ML while in tears.