Marcus Smart Pushes Fan

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Unimane, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

[video=youtube;PFUj4YCKMyM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFUj4YCKMyM[/video]

Any guesses on what was said by the fan and/or the number of games Mr. Smart will not play?

2. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Travis Ford is the Mark Richt of basketball. He has lost control.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wonder what was said. If it is something particularly nasty, that gentleman should be "suspended" from attending games for a bit too.

The video shows him mouthing "sorry about that" right before being shoved, so I am guessing it was something pretty bad.

4. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I'll remain consistant in these situations. I think Vernon Maxwell and the Indiana Pacers acted properly in their infamous fan interactions. If the guy used a racial epitaph, Smart should have been allowed to beat him til he was tired of doing so. If it was something innocuous, he must take his licks.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm of a similar opinion. Depending on what was said, Smart may well have been blameless.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I was thinking the same thing, although Smart has been getting all of the criticism thus far, from what I've heard out of the talking heads. As they unload on Smart, I'm kind of wondering if anybody bothered to think, "Hey, this guy's probably a giant ******* who likely said something absolutely worthy of getting his ass beat."

And, before I get accused of trying to stir the racial pot, as some are wont to do here, I actually think that the dude was most likely to call him something along the lines of a "f-ing p-ssy"or similar. I'll bet there would've been visual revulsion by someone for throwing racial epithets right in the kid's face. Of course, I've heard a number of horribly racist shit at high school games, so I guess it's possible. Whatever the fan said, it sure got under Smart's skin something fierce.

7. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

When the fan allegedly says "go back to Africa", it should not go without consequences.

8. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Guy probably got off light, if what they are saying he said is true. Thing is, Smart has a lot more to lose by retaliating against that jackass. If he thinks college basketball has hecklers and people who will scream anything, wait till he deals with the professional hecklers of the NBA.

9. hatvol96

We have reached the point where people act as if buying a ticket relieves them of the duty of behaving like a civilized human being.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's as if people don't realize that a guy in the midst of that kind of competition is more primed to whip your ass than usual. This guy is lucky he got off with a shove. Smart could have shattered his jaw just as easily.

11. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Do you think it's worse now, or back 20 years ago? Seems as if compared to the past, sporting events are much tamer than they once were. That doesn't excuse the guy for being a jackass, obviously.

12. hatvol96

Much worse now. Being a jackass is now celebrated instead of chastised.

13. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Apparently this guy is a Texas Tech superfan. He must be quite miserable.

14. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

Putting hands on someone is Never ok with me. I don't care what was said. Charge him with assault.

15. hatvol96

Yet, the media drones and the mindless public will act as if he's the victim here.

16. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

What?

17. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

Assault.

18. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Depends on what comes out. If he said something racist, he'll be vilified.

19. hatvol96

That's a good idea, except for the fact that what the guy is being reported as saying constitutes "fighting words" under the law and no judge with an IQ over 50 would sign such a warrant.

20. hatvol96

The fact people are already spewing the "you can never go at a fan, blah, blah, blah, blah" shows whose side they are on. As usual, the fat white guy.