Mayweather Received Banned IV for Pacquiao Fight

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Unimane, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

http://www.sbnation.com/longform/2015/9/9/9271811/can-boxing-trust-usada

According to this lengthy article, there have been some unsavory connections between some boxers and the, supposedly, objective USADA testing, of which Floyd Mayweather has been a vehement advocate for over the years. I've always kind of viewed his sudden concern for cleaning up boxing as sort of an opportunist situation rather than genuine. The part about the Mayweather situation is about half way down the scroll, but I found this part matching much of my concern about Mayweather;

But neither Mayweather nor the fighters that Mayweather Promotions has under contract have undergone 365-24-7 testing - tests that can be administered any place at any time and would make it more risky for an athlete to use prohibited PEDs.

Drug testing for a Mayweather fight generally begins shortly after the fight is announced. Mayweather and his opponent agree to keep USADA advised as to their whereabouts at all times and submit to an unlimited number of unannounced blood and urine tests. That sounds good. But in effect, USADA allows Mayweather to determine when the testing begins. That leaves a long period of time during which there are no checks on what substances he might put into his body.

For example, Mayweather didn’t announce Andre Berto as the opponent for his upcoming Sept. 12 fight until Aug. 4, only 39 days before the fight. That didn’t leave much time for serious drug testing. From the conclusion of the Pacquiao fight until the Berto announcement, Mayweather was not subject to USADA testing.

And, the PED King Victor Conte notes about the situation;

“Mayweather is not doing ‘Olympic-style testing,’” Conte states. “Olympic testing means that you can be tested twenty-four hours a day, 365 days a year. If USADA was serious about boxing becoming a clean sport, it would say, ‘We don’t do one-offs. If you sign up for USADA testing, we reserve the right to test you at any time 365-24-7.’ But that’s not what USADA does with Mayweather or any other fighter that I know of.”

“The benefits that an athlete retains from using anabolic steroids and certain other PEDs carry over for months,” Conte continues. “Anybody who knows anything about the way these drugs work knows that you don’t perform at your best when you’re actually on the drugs. You get maximum benefit after the use stops. I can’t tell you what Floyd Mayweather is and isn’t doing. What he could be doing is this. The fight is over. First, he uses these drugs for tissue repair. Then he can stay on them until he announces his next fight, at which time he’s the one who decides when the next round of testing starts. And by the time testing starts, the drugs have cleared his system.

“Do I know that’s what’s happening? No, I don’t. I do know that the testing period for Mayweather’s fights is getting shorter and shorter. What is it for this one? Five weeks? The whole concept of one man dictating the testing schedule is wrong. But USADA lets Mayweather do it. USADA is not doing effective comprehensive testing on Floyd Mayweather. Testing for four or five weeks before a fight is nonsense.”

Is Mayweather cheating? I don't know, but this is awfully suspicious and I've learned to be most suspicious of the ones that claim to be the most saintly and biggest advocates for morality.

2. Unimane

There's some really damning stuff even further down in the article about testosterone levels from some of his tests and how he responded to the request by Pacquiao's lawyers for the results of three drug tests that were rumored to be positive.

3. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

4. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

It is my understanding that the Nevada Boxing Commission says he passed all tests. Game over. Maybe Manny Piece of Shit should have disclosed he was physically unable to fight. Just a thought.

5. hatvol96

Great to see Victor Conte is now a source.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Extremely misleading thread title. I knew about this story, but there needs to be an "allegedly" or some such in the title.

7. Unimane

Yeah, what a shock that they cover for the cash cow boxer who lives in Vegas and suddenly wanted to clean up the sport by forcing everyone to use the drug testing agency on his payroll. Shocked that they cleared him in the biggest, most profitable fight in the history of the sport, shocked, I tell you.

Manny did disclose his injury and should have received a perfectly legal injection the night of the fight, yet was rejected. On the other hand, Mayweather gets caught in his house getting an injection of a non-legal amount of a concoction that is a known masking agent, only to get cleared by that organization 18 days later. Oh, and that doesn't even include the past tests that demonstrate an unnatural level of testosterone in his system. Seriously, read the article.

You, of all people, should recognize the fraud in the room when they scream the loudest about cleaning up the sport and accusing others of not being clean. You don't seem to have much patience for it in other arenas.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  8. Unimane

How is it misleading? It's exactly what happened. Mayweather got the illegal injection and the NSAC covered for him. They gave the justification, again, three weeks after the fight of "dehydration", although Mayweather walks around at, pretty much, his fighting weight.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  9. Unimane

You trust Jose Canseco? I trust Conte to know how the scam runs.

10. kidbourbon

Mayweather beat Pacquiao in ten out of the twelve rounds they fought -- and, indeed, has beaten all 49 of the opponents he has faced -- because of the performance enhancing effects of saline solution. Yes, yes of course.

Thanks for getting to the bottom of this.

11. Unimane

The saline solution is used as a mask, not for performance enhancing. Read the article. There are a bunch of red flags there.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Red flags yes, but no proof.

13. Unimane

There was no proof on Armstrong or Bonds, either, but I think a certain common sense will tell someone that something is up. And, like I said, when someone comes in so loudly and proclaims themselves as the pure soul, ready to clean up the vile landscape of a corrupt scene, then my bullshit/hypocrite alarm goes off quite loudly. Not to mention that the drug testing agency that was preferred, and paid for, by Mayweather, USADA, has caught absolutely no one in the sport (Except an over the hill Erik Morales in his last fight.).

Meanwhile, Pacquiao and others have been using VADA, which does catch people using PEDs, for testing.

14. kidbourbon

Yeah, I read that part. It's way more irresponsible speculation than it is reasonable inference.

This thread has actually hurt your credibility a bit in my eyes as it pertains to the subject of Mayweather. I now understand why you so emphatically kept him out of your all time top ten. It's because you hate the guy.

15. hatvol96

Bonds is now aquitted of everything. Like it or not, those are the facts.

16. Unimane

Him being acquitted on other people's screw ups and legal technicalities doesn't mean he wasn't juicing to the gills. He was. He got away with it. Good for him.

17. Unimane

Your credibility comes into account, as well, with your heightened status and reverence for the guy. You tried to misdirect with the mischaracterization of the saline injection, which is a little suspect, too. You can believe the fact that he was dehydrated despite the fact that he doesn't need to weight drain to make weight or that he just happened to have a highly unnatural testosterone level in two of his post fight drug test that should have triggered more tests by USADA, but didn't. Or, the fact that Mayweather was stonewalling Pacquiao in the Filipino's lawsuit until they subpoenaed three supposed positive tests and then they quickly settled. However, I'm going with some common sense and going with the obvious here.

Look, I liked Mayweather for the first part of his career. Him not being in my top ten has nothing to do with the fact that he became an irrepressible [Penis] and hypocrite in the second half of his career. It has to do with where I really think he rates, around the top 20-25, which is where most experts have him, as well.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  18. kidbourbon

Experts, huh?