MCB vs Purdue Pregame Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Dec 5, 2021.

1. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

This defensive roster is in shambles. We need some miracles from the portal

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yeah we need portal help badly. Banks is only player on the field today worth anything.
    45 pts in regulation should be enough to win

3. Ssmiff

Didn't like us packing it in and going to Wright 3 times in a row either. Hooker needs to keep one of those and run or pass

4. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I’d rather not go to a bowl at all than ever go back to the music shitty bowl.

5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I’ve been to two Music City Bowls and they were 2010 and 2021

At the risk of sounding exactly like I did in 2010, this has been a pretty good season and Heupel has clearly got the offense playing well. Hooker missed about five open TDs today and we still scored 45. The defense is…concerning, to say the least. It was okay the first half of the season but just ranked after the bye. We need immediate help on that side of the ball.

6. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

I don't know why anyone is complaining about the final regulation drive. Those passes for the TD were both there-- the receivers both times had their men burnt to a [dadgum] crisp. Overthrow on the first, blatant [uck fay]ing hold by the defense on the 2nd. They were there-- from that perspective, they were perfect playcalls.

Also, this bullshit about not playing 100% perfect and therefore are undeserving of winning is small-minded rhetoric. By that stupid mentality, no team in any game is ever deserving of a victory. [uck fay] idiots. [uck fay] refs. [uck fay] music city bowls.

7. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Well. Everyone wanted exciting football after the Pruitt era. At the risk of basing too much off one season, we won't be winning much hardware, but I think our brand of football will kill off half the fanbase by the time this crew is done.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Defense is getting worse and worse under this regime.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Nah. They just started playing better offenses

10. Ssmiff

JV won't like it but I agree 100%. We toasted their corners twice. Make the play.

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

And for the love of everything get linebackers and DBs out of the portal

Memtownvol likes this.
  12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

[​IMG]

Not really sure how you can say that isn’t a touchdown.

Memtownvol likes this.
  13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

They looked better against Pitt and Ole Miss than they did after the bye

Tar Volon likes this.
  14. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Like Kentucky? I’ll buy “we had a thin defense and it got thinner as the season progressed,” but I don’t really buy “just played better offenses”

15. Ssmiff

Ref not in the picture yet and hasn't blown the whistle

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Well, when you have literally no depth that's bound to happen over the course of a season. And when you're forced to play McCullough, Flowers and Burrell against any QB with a pulse. And Beasley against, well...anyone.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Can someone tell me what a replay even is, if a whistle can't be blown, and even if it wasn't then the official can just say "this is when I decided it was over" even if at no point forward progress was arrested? WHAT IS REPLAY FOR? It should not MATTER what the guy who potentially blew the call thinks, if it is plain on video that the ball never stopped advancing or was down AND-- AND -- no whistle was blown?

WHAT THE [uck fay] IS A REPLAY FOR?

Memtownvol, JudgmentVol and Tar Volon like this.
  18. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Hooker was terrible all game. Get into FG range and win it in regulation.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Combination of the two. They got whipped against the likes of UA and UGA then had to face a physical run team.

20. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

It's ridiculous to say this about a running game that averaged over 200 this year, and went for nearly 300 tonight, but we need some better run plays for short yardage. Or at least draw up a boot. Teams have been crashing the inside zone on short yardage all year. We didn't have numbers, it's stupid to try to run it with 2 200 lb RBs in that situation. I swear there were like 3 or 4 times vs Bama and Ole Miss each where we did the same shit. The QB power that got stuffed after the third INT would have had an outlet, I'm 100 percent sure of that.

HCKevinSteele likes this.