Mike Riley to Nebraska

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Dec 4, 2014.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

both will result in passable results that wouldn't get you fired at 95% of schools, but no conference or national championships. I agree it's not a big upgrade over pelini.

2. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Good thing Tennessee isn't turning into Nebraska......

:confused:

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Is it stupid that this gives me hope that Butch to Michigan could still happen?

4. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Well, after a short walkabout on Husker sites they aren't too happy and were very shocked to say the least.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I wouldn't even be greedy this time around. I swear.

Just bring me David Cutcliffe with a quality DC.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I looked at a couple. It is hard to find a single person trying to spin this positively.

7. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

And you have to think that Corvallis and Lincoln each offer their share of recruiting difficulties, although I'd wager Corvallis might be a bit more difficult....but then, at least Corvallis is in a decent state, Nebraska is cold as balls in the winter.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm sure it's a lot easier to recruit to Nebraska, but you'd like to hire someone who has pulled the occasional top recruit which he hasn't.

9. OrangeEmpire

I'm with you.....so.............

10. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I like Reilly but he isn't a good fit for Nebraska.

11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

My thoughts exactly. It will be easier to win at NU but harder to recruit to. Still can't believe they didn't throw money at Paul Johnson.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

no way Nebraska is harder to recruit to than Oregon state. big difference between 80K every game and 15K for recruits.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Tom Lemming thinks Oregeron could be heading to Nebraska... that could solve Riley's recruiting issues.

14. OrangeEmpire

I'd like to see Ed O get a head coaching gig.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, that helps. Pelini also left plenty of defensive talent to work with too

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I can't see why Oregon state or Colorado state wouldn't consider him. I'd take him in a heartbeat at Cal.

17. OrangeEmpire

I'd like to see him at SMU.

18. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

9 win plateau is max for Nebraska. Hell is about to follow in Cornhusker land. Not that anyone really gives a [ucking fay]--.

19. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Post approved.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

for shame. I should have put a comma before "which he hasn't." missing your touch I see.