Missouri players threaten to go on strike...

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Savage Orange, Nov 8, 2015.

1. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

You mean the Christakis’ fiasco and the “teach-in”? Ha! Faculty participation makes this no less than what it is. Could not have been better scripted, their actions, the students profanity filled outburst (Christakis), and the ensuing uproar validates my point. Surely, even you see this to not, would be ridiculous indeed

2. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Oh, and enjoyed Harvard's Bill Barlow piece.

Edit: Fascism at Yale

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  3. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

#195, Lib Profs who drive their ideologue rhetoric

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I just didn't understand the claim. It's absurd to pretend that somewhere in the Ivy League profs aren't driving the liberal train as fast as possible.

5. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Nor do I, senseless. Preach

6. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

7. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Colleges and universities have been in the national spotlight this week as students, faculty and staff at Missouri, Yale, Ithaca and other institutions have protested and demanded corrective action against bigotry, racism and injustice. If you are feeling similar pain and tension on our campus, you are not alone. If you think the pain and tension experienced by others – at Wake Forest and on campuses across the country – do not affect you, I invite you to reconsider. As a nation and as a community of higher learning, we must make progress in handling issues of diversity, inclusion and equity.

Excerpt from an email I got today. I sincerely can't imagine the thought process that allows someone to take the crap that's gone on at Mizzou seriously.

8. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Love it. Athlete empowerment and old school Black Panther up yours activism. Maybe the country doesn't suck as bad as I thought.

9. hatvol96

Also going to a hick haven for school.

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

If they would've gone full Black Panther, then I would have respected them more. As it is, they are stuck talking about being hurt and their feelings of being violated by a nerdy photographer taking pictures of their tent city on public property. They start showing up at police stops with their shotguns and they get my attention.

11. hatvol96

One step at a time. They just got a halfwit university president tossed. That is progress. This is just the start.

12. RockyHill

You're kidding.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Definitely a coward. The guy had the high ground and just bowed out.

14. hatvol96

Not one bit.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

And rightfully so. Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of the NCAA.

16. RockyHill

The athlete empowerment I get and I'm with you. But these people protesting nothing and think the first amendment shouldn't exist.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

This is the best thing about this. I can't wait until the NCAA tries to hit a player with a horseshit suspension and the whole team refuses to play.

18. hatvol96

If I were Bill Self and Cheick Diallo wasn't cleared by Tuesday, my team would be conveniently tardy getting out on the floor.

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Are 18 to 22 year olds going to run the university better than the old guys?

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Mizzou with white out unis against BYU. Huge eff you to everyone.