Mizzou Thoughts... Back to Earth

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NYY, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

said it before. We have maybe 2-3 nfl caliber players in current 2 deep. No SEC team has fewer. That's where we are.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Our middle blitzes ran straight into blockers instead of the gap. Our running backs don’t know how to pick up a blitz; almost got JG decapitatef.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The refereeing was not bad. It was [uck fay]ing horrendous. The SEC needs to look hard at this because it is getting worse.

lol vol likes this.
  4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Receiver on the outside got tackled before the ball got there and ref didn't even think about throwing a flag.

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I'm speaking directly toward the DL getting off blocks and getting in the backfield. They did both last week and neither today.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Also, whoever sent JG back in after the first initial hit should be in some serious hot water. It was evident after his clothesline sack that he was dazed and confused. He had no business going back into that game.

warhammer, IP, Volgrad98 and 2 others like this.
  7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

He had that look sitting on the bench. He never was right.

NYY likes this.
  8. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Agreed.

9. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

It’s a miracle there wasn’t bench clearing fights on account of their passivity when players got chippy.

10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I think I only predicted a two-score loss in the picks thread, but I thought there was a decent chance we got rolled today. Was hoping we could continue to build on last week, but the fact is, growth occurs in fits and starts. We had our best game and our worst game a week apart. On average, I think we’re still improving. But this is one where you burn the tape (I had to leave at 6-0, so very easy for me to say).

We can still beat Vandy and make a bowl. It’s no guarantee, but that would be success, and it’s in our reach. Just have to take it. And then use that bowl practice and recruit like hell so that we don’t have a game like this next year.

(Also, absolutely not putting Mizzou away in the likely win category for next year).

11. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Grounds crew did a good job this year.

warhammer and IP like this.
  12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

WTF? Of course the Omen of Death was in the building.

13. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I wouldn't rush to judgement. As an Athletic Trainer, I have to deal with these frequently, especially during football season. While there are times when it is flat out obvious what the issue is, a good portion of them are not always cut and dry. Especially from the TV view. Tennessee has a more than competent medical staff. He likely cleared the initial evaluation and had symptoms that prevailed over that next 10-15 minutes.

2Maggitt2Quit likes this.
  14. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

More like we gave ourselves too much credit for beating a one dimensional Kentucky team. Mizzou is ok, but they aren’t 30 points better than UT.

15. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Did I not SAY to bind Indy up somewhere far away??!?

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I didn’t see it on tv. And this isn’t my first rodeo either.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I did see it on TV, and from the second he tried to get up it was obvious something was wrong.

NYY likes this.
  18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

You should have seen his mannerisms on the sideline.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

They showed him a few times and I said I was nervous if he went back in. He just did not look right. He was holding his head for quite a while.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

you mean looking like was hungover after a week of drinking, his squinty eyes, glazed look or reaching repeatedly for the back of his head.