Monday presser

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by YankeeVol, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Agree with the first.

The last part brings in the degree of fluky. Its rare that a team plays as bad as they possible can.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I honestly don't know how they could play worse without trying to.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

We've got to quit calling "rock bottom." It is angering someone up there.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

like a challenge.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Dante's 9 levels of hell is starting to look optimistic.

6. Beechervol

Short of a "Waterboy" moment where you throw the other team the ball just so you can drop kick them after they score a TD. I agree.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I thought that was The Replacements

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

yes kids are getting more mentally weak every day. Especially the pampered ones and the number of pampered ones sets a new daily record, daily. Its not their fault. There are so many distractions. It used to just be girls and school. Now its girls, school, video games, iphones, snapchat, texts, ease of access to everything without working too hard to find it, twitter, facebook, Instagram, likes. Its crazy.

9. Beechervol

[​IMG]

lylsmorr likes this.
  10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

“Once I got to 9, I figured that was as bad it could get. Didn’t realize there would be an entire slew of Vols’ floors below that. My bad.”

- Dante, probably

A-Smith likes this.
  11. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

That's just poor coaching. It works for some people, but to act like being degrading toward everybody should incentive everyone the same is asinine.

12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

IMO the score being close at half was flukey. They scored on a short field and on a drive extended by (1) a defense bust on 3rd and 10, (2) a fourth down conversion, and (3) a controversial PI call on third down. They did not move the ball consistently at all. We, on the other hand, moved the ball without great difficulty, with our drives stopping on (1) a fumble, (2) a decision not to go for a 4th and 1 after Guarantano slid a foot too early on 2nd down, and (3) the coaches forgetting we had timeouts late in the half. Despite the 17-14 score, there was no point in the first half where I felt like we were in danger of losing the game.

In the second half we got absolutely dominated. I don’t know whether to put that down to attitude or adjustments or what, but it was like two separate games.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I go the other direction. We make it hard as shit. The kids know it’s hard and you’d be surprised at how they respond to it when that’s your culture. They wear it like a badge of honor.

Kids are the same. It the adults that’s changed on how we treat them.

It will cost you some kids but they wouldn’t have made a difference anyways.

BigOrangeBeech and Tenacious D like this.
  14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

we spent many years on teams and clubs with the its ok attitude in various sports. Finally, though it was just 7 v 7, the hard coaching one son received in training especially, in game benching, reentering games after benching, and seeing a response vs pouty body language, challenged physically and verbally in front of teammates brought out the best in game situations for my youngest and that team went like 45-2. He loved it not only because they won, but he knew they were coached harder as the coach reminded them that he was harder on them than any other coach in the league. But its not for every kid of course. Cant rely on a player who is going to get his feelings hurt though, especially in football.

15. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I was watching at my Mom's and I went home once we couldn't answer their opening drive in the 2nd half. I knew, win or lose, that they were putting out a losing effort. I didn't realize GSU was going to Maxim us to death for the rest of the second half.

16. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

That’s the damn truth, and one of the most salient points that’s ever been made here. Well done!

17. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Yep, and adults are frustrated with kids these days because how they act, respond, and do things is how they're being raised by the parents.

justingroves likes this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

and I'm saying the incentive must ultimately be internal. it is the only thing the individual can control. You will encounter assholes. you will encounter people who are just wrong about you. you may actually suck. in all cases, the incentive to move forward has to have its roots internally.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Is he calling the red zone the red area? Oh my god... he may really be Butch.

20. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

To be fair, he may never have actually made it to Z when learning the alphabet. Might not believe it’s a real word.

dknash and utvol0427 like this.